Anyone have this 1K LED light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have this 1K LED light?

Looks like is made by Dracast and is at a substantial discount at B&H while supply last. I'm wondering if this is an obsolete model or what else? Anyone have any experience with this unit?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...led_panel.html

All the reviews are extremely recent so I'm guessing this is a new product.
    The discount is huge.
    Very tempting.
    I like the smaller size too.

But it lists the power at 32W, while my Aputure 672s goes up to 45W.
    I was thinking this Dracast might be more powerful because of the 1024 LEDs, but I already know that the number of bulbs has little to do with output power.
    So, until I can actually use one, I'm not inclined to go after one of these over the Aputure.
    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Just bought one. We'll see.

Comment

Ticks a lot of the boxes, but no mention of light output, only the 32W draw. Good luck, Vic!

Comment

Originally posted by vicharris View Post
          Just bought one. We'll see.
          Cool.
          I'd certainly dig hearing your take on them.
          Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,

Comment

I own two of the bi-color ones - they are good lights and color is accurate except 5600k is closer to 5200k. Against my Dracast LED1000 lights, the bi-color is about 3/4 as bright.

Comment

I'm a huge fan of this - obviously a different form factor - but can be used with "EZ OPEN" Fotodiox Softboxes or other light modifiers like Bowens Fresnel... More flexibility from one light source. "White" is the Daylight one... "Yellow" is the Tungsten one.

http://amzn.to/2cyUEZN
              Dan Kanes
              www.dankanes.com

Comment

I just picked up one of these from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FPDMXZ2...words=1344+led in a pinch on a recent shoot and I was surprised by the punch (1000w equivalent) in such a small form factor. Good solid build, but doesn't take batteries...

Comment

Originally posted by scorsesefan View Post
                  I just picked up one of these from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FPDMXZ2...words=1344+led in a pinch on a recent shoot and I was surprised by the punch (1000w equivalent) in such a small form factor. Good solid build, but doesn't take batteries...
                  CRI 80 is a little low

Comment

Originally posted by soarprod View Post
                    CRI 80 is a little low
                    Yeah, I think it's like 82-83 but not seeing any color spikes on my scopes. IMO 80 is lowest CRI for photgraphic uses and at <$200 it packs a lot of light... Oh and CT pretty accurate at 5400K
                    Last edited by scorsesefan; 10-07-2016, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DanKanes View Post
                      I'm a huge fan of this - obviously a different form factor - but can be used with "EZ OPEN" Fotodiox Softboxes or other light modifiers like Bowens Fresnel... More flexibility from one light source. "White" is the Daylight one... "Yellow" is the Tungsten one.

http://amzn.to/2cyUEZN
                      Any discernible fan noise Dan?

Comment

Originally posted by cinebuddy View Post
                        Any discernible fan noise Dan?
                        Yes. But it's quieter than the previous 100W model - which still wasn't too bad.

It turned out to be very rare that I ever had theses lights close enough to a speaking subject that the fan noise could be picked up.

Comment

Originally posted by DPStewart View Post
                          Yes. But it's quieter than the previous 100W model - which still wasn't too bad.

It turned out to be very rare that I ever had theses lights close enough to a speaking subject that the fan noise could be picked up.
                          Thank you for the response!

Comment

Just got this guy in. First impressions...It is damn impressive. Built like a tank. Light quality looks good so far and blindingly bright. I'll shoot some gray cards and see if I get a color shift. Barn doors are prob useless as with all LED panels IMO. Oh yeah, and it comes with a decent padded carrying bag.

Comment

Originally posted by vicharris View Post
                              Just got this guy in. First impressions...It is damn impressive. Built like a tank. Light quality looks good so far and blindingly bright. I'll shoot some gray cards and see if I get a color shift. Barn doors are prob useless as with all LED panels IMO. Oh yeah, and it comes with a decent padded carrying bag.
                              +1

Two of them landed here (1040DV daylight) and "bang for the buck" would be an understatement. The power consumption of this version is actually 64w, not 32w as listed in the specs, but this info isn't even on their website. Quickly tested this against an Arri 650 at full flood shooting cards, and I'm reading the Axrtec at 4 stops brighter at 99%. Color temp is consistent from 10-99% between 5550-5600K on my end. No flicker at 120fps. I don't see the green spike either. The remote worked from about 200 feet away. Waiting for the "gotcha" moment = time.

Curious to hear what you get, Vic.

Also: A 150w v-mount lasted about 4 3/4 hours dimmed at 50%.
                              Last edited by FUEGO; 09-21-2016, 06:49 PM. Reason: battery life

Comment

Working...
                              X