No announcement yet.

Anyone have this 1K LED light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well i'm about 98% sure it's the same light as these other generic branded ones. I can't see one physical difference or change in them and would imagine the internals to be identical as well since i would only think it was designed together as a whole and are all built in the same china factory. Even the carry bag has idenctical piping in other versions, Just Axrtec has part of the back panel painted blue, and their brand sewn into the bag. This light can be purchased under the Andoer brand for under $200. Wish i had checked it out sooner. I'll be purchasing the Andoer Light so maybe a comparison would be in order. I'll most likley go by my gut and send the two B&H models back, that extra $200 dollars could by me a third light, or some nice light stands plus some.

Facebook mood - Feeling: Cheated
    Forrest Schultz
    Atlas Lens Co.
    YouTube///Vimeo

Comment

Originally posted by Revdesign Industries View Post
      Well i'm about 98% sure it's the same light as these other generic branded ones. I can't see one physical difference or change in them and would imagine the internals to be identical as well since i would only think it was designed together as a whole and are all built in the same china factory. Even the carry bag has idenctical piping in other versions, Just Axrtec has part of the back panel painted blue, and their brand sewn into the bag. This light can be purchased under the Andoer brand for under $200. Wish i had checked it out sooner. I'll be purchasing the Andoer Light so maybe a comparison would be in order. I'll most likley go by my gut and send the two B&H models back, that extra $200 dollars could by me a third light, or some nice light stands plus some.

Facebook mood - Feeling: Cheated
      If you get both, a comparison would be greatly appreciated.

The reviews of the other brands frequently state that they were "underwhelmed" by the brightness...which is listed in ALL of these lights as 32W.

But Vic H. and Fuego both say they are very bright, and Fuego measured it as a 64W draw.
      So perhaps Dracast is simply buying these lights in bulk and hot-rodding them for the doubled output...?

We shall see...
      Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
      Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
      Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

I've done a lot of testing with the Aputure 120t. When a fresnel lens is attached it is nearly identical to the Arri 650w but a little bit brighter.

Comment

This a non-graded still from Resolve, compressed by the forum.

Auto WB = 5494 / tint 15.73
          old white umbrella
          Dimmed to 50%
          F/4

axrtec.jpgaxrtec-1040dv.jpg

Comment

Well 64W is purdy darn nice for a small battery-op panel.

Guess I'mma gonna haffa git me one today too.
            Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,

Comment

Just bought the cheap one from AliExpress...we'll see.

Btw, when you zoom in on the cheap one it also says 64W

Comment

Originally posted by vicharris View Post

No freakin' way.

Very Interesting.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by FUEGO View Post
                  This a non-graded still from Resolve, compressed by the forum.

Auto WB = 5494 / tint 15.73
                  old white umbrella
                  Dimmed to 50%
                  F/4

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21125[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]21126[/ATTACH]
                  Hey FUEGO -
                  What piece of hardware did you use you mount the umbrella to the light?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by DPStewart View Post
                    Hey FUEGO -
                    What piece of hardware did you use you mount the umbrella to the light?

Thanks.
                    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...a_Adapter.html

Originally I ordered this one by Arri, but b&h fucked up and sent me the Frotto instead. They're usually on point, so I'm not mad, just need to get a proper stud. The Frotto is solid and holds the weight of the Axrtec + 150wh battery without worries.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...la_Holder.html

I'll take a wild guess that the bi-color is 32 watts, but don't hold me to it.

Edit: I use these to counter balance tripods and light stands, but I'm also going to experiment with lead fishing weights and drop them into the legs 'cause I don't like sandbags. The On Stage weights fit in the palm of your hand which makes them easier to haul around.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ight_6lbs.html

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabel...A&gclsrc=aw.ds
                    Last edited by FUEGO; 09-24-2016, 08:17 PM.

Comment

If it's the same light for $200, that's just going to be plain silly.

Comment

Originally posted by vicharris View Post

Vic, can you share the link that you ordered from AliExpress?

Comment

Originally posted by EYu View Post
                          Vic, can you share the link that you ordered from AliExpress?
                          Here it is:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ando...08.4.55.OxeXTx

Comment

Ordered 3 Andoer versions for $470 shipped. I'm getting a little crazy here, if these prove to be identical, of course the bh rebrand is going back, and maybe I might pee pee on the box.
                            Forrest Schultz
                            Atlas Lens Co.
                            YouTube///Vimeo

Comment

How did you pay $470 for three lights if each cost $200?

Comment

Originally posted by Revdesign Industries View Post
                                Ordered 3 Andoer versions for $470 shipped. I'm getting a little crazy here, if these prove to be identical, of course the bh rebrand is going back, and maybe I might pee pee on the box.
                                Yeah I was wondering the same. Did they give you a discount? If so I'll prob do the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X