Anyone have this 1K LED light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vicharris View Post
    Just got this guy in. First impressions...It is damn impressive. Built like a tank. Light quality looks good so far and blindingly bright. I'll shoot some gray cards and see if I get a color shift. Barn doors are prob useless as with all LED panels IMO. Oh yeah, and it comes with a decent padded carrying bag.
    Vic, please do post some gray card tests. This is definitely interesting.

Thanks in advance,
    O

Comment

Just ordered 2 of them. Gonna upload a destruction test to youtube using a hammer and maybe some liquid asphalt to gain 1,000,000 views. Or is there something better i can use them for? In any case i'm looking forward to trying these bad boys out. Lots of nude selfies to come guys....
      Forrest Schultz
      Atlas Lens Co.
      YouTube///Vimeo

Comment

Ya I'll prob order another one tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by vicharris View Post
          Ya I'll prob order another one tonight.
          vic, if you were to use two of these in combo with another light, something along a 3 point light set-up, what would be your thoughts on the type of third light to use. I know theres a ton of variables in that question, but i'm just thinking of what would be a smart choice along with having two of these already.
          Forrest Schultz
          Atlas Lens Co.
          YouTube///Vimeo

Comment

What I'd love to know is how this light compares to the Aputure LS1s. I mean, it's 1048 instead of 1536 leds, and 45 degree vs 25 degree, so my guess is that this doesn't come close to the punch of an LS1s, but at less than half the cost...

anyway, I couldn't resist. I just pulled the trigger too.

Comment

Originally posted by _OZ View Post
              What I'd love to know is how this light compares to the Aputure LS1s. I mean, it's 1048 instead of 1536 leds, and 45 degree vs 25 degree, so my guess is that this doesn't come close to the punch of an LS1s, but at less than half the cost...

anyway, I couldn't resist. I just pulled the trigger too.
              buy 5 more...I'll do it if you do it...
              Forrest Schultz
              Atlas Lens Co.
              YouTube///Vimeo

Comment

Originally posted by Revdesign Industries View Post
                vic, if you were to use two of these in combo with another light, something along a 3 point light set-up, what would be your thoughts on the type of third light to use. I know theres a ton of variables in that question, but i'm just thinking of what would be a smart choice along with having two of these already.
                My ideal setup would be to use a window. I just shot this a few days ago and here's a rough colored still. Waiting on a new coloring monitor. Anyways I had a 650 to the right shooting through a silk and a Diva to the left with 216 on it and 2 3200 bulbs. I'd use these the same.

Peck1_1.1.1.jpgPeck1_1.1.1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by DanKanes View Post
                  I'm a huge fan of this - obviously a different form factor - but can be used with "EZ OPEN" Fotodiox Softboxes or other light modifiers like Bowens Fresnel... More flexibility from one light source. "White" is the Daylight one... "Yellow" is the Tungsten one.

http://amzn.to/2cyUEZN
                  That Godox says 20,000 lumens and 12,000 lux at 1 meter. And if my calculations are right, that means it has a 72 degree spread, covering a 1.47 meter diameter at 1 meter distance.

The Axrtec panel is 3840 lumens and 8029 lux at 1 meter (again, if my calculation is right). And it's a 45 degree spread, covering a 0.83m diameter from 1m distance.

Unless I'm missing something, it seems like the Godox is a substantially better buy. Not only does it throw a stronger intensity, but it covers a larger area as well. And with a Bowens mount and a chip on board LED, you'll actually be able to modify this light.

And as base comparison: An Arri T1 at full flood is 11,222 lumens, 17,000 lux at 1m, with a 53 degree spread, covering 1m at 1m distance.

EDIT

My calculation on the beam angle of the Godox was wrong. It's actually around 72 degree spread.
                  Last edited by LochnessDigital; 09-22-2016, 04:03 PM.
                  Aaron Lochert

Comment

Originally posted by LochnessDigital View Post
                    That Godox says 20,000 lumens and 12,000 lux at 1 meter. And if my calculations are right, that means it has an 85 degree spread, covering 1.83 meters at 1 meter distance.

The Axrtec panel is 3840 lumens and 8029 lux at 1 meter (again, if my calculation is right). And it's a 45 degree spread, covering 0.83m from 1m distance.

Unless I'm missing something, it seems like the Godox is a substantially better buy. Not only does it throw a stronger intensity, but it covers a much larger area as well. And with a Bowens mount and a chip on board LED, you'll actually be able to modify this light.

And as base comparison: An Arri T1 at full flood is 11,222 lumens, 17,000 lux at 1m, with a 53 degree spread, covering 1m at 1m distance.
                    These GODOX lights are really powerful. The drawbacks are that they are long, so they cannot lay flat or be backed up against walls... also no battery option.
                    So it's really a different class of light fixture.

I love mine.
                    Unless it's batteries only time...
                    Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
                    Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
                    Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

This seems to be the same light. Just rebranded. So, you might want to look up Tolifo for reviews instead. https://m.youtube.com/watch?annotati...&v=Z4AYOgl5iis

Comment

Originally posted by The HRHM View Post
                        This seems to be the same light. Just rebranded. So, you might want to look up Tolifo for reviews instead. https://m.youtube.com/watch?annotati...&v=Z4AYOgl5iis
                        This clone - if it is indeed an exact clone - seems to be sold under at least two other brand names, and in both cases for a lower price than even the B&H discount price.

Physically it's identical, but Chinese light products can be deceiving.

https://www.amazon.com/Tolifo-Bi-Col.../dp/B00VTFZ5UA

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ando...08.4.55.OxeXTx
                        Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
                        Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
                        Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Originally posted by DPStewart View Post

Physically it's identical, but Chinese light products can be deceiving.
                          This^^

I have two small Chinese on-camera led panels that are visually identical down to the last detail except that they are branded differently and that they have totally different color and totally different output...despite the same number of diodes.

Of course, it may in fact be the same as the Dracast, but without a test, it's not worth assuming.

Comment

Vic, do you have the LS1S? What're your thoughts if you've had a chance to compare? LS1S is as pure as I've seen. How does this stack up quality of light wise and overall output?
                            Test footage Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/romanalaivi

Comment

For the Aputure Light Storm LS 1s:
                              10500 lux/975 fc, at 1m and 25 degree spread. That's 1621 lumens and a beam coverage of 0.44m diameter. The distance needed to fully fill a 4x4' diffusion panel would need to be 2.75m, letting you get an intensity of 1329 lux (129 fc) at the diffusion.

For the Axrtec 1040dv:
                              3840 lumens, at 1 meter and 45 degree spread. That's 7124 lux/662 fc and a beam coverage of 0.83m diameter. The distance needed to fully fill a 4x4' diffusion panel would need to be 1.47m, letting you get an intensity of 3289 lux (306 fc) at the diffusion.

Of course this is all theoretical, but the Aputure will be about a half stop brighter at the same distances but cover an area that is 3.5x smaller than the Axrtec. But considering the Axrtec's beam angle, it would be more useful to me to punch through diffusion since it can be significantly closer to fill the whole panel.

And just for fun, for the Aputure Light Storm COB 120t:
                              2500 lux/232 fc, at 1m and 120 degree spread. That's 23561 lumens and a beam coverage of 3.46 diameter. The distance needed to fully fill a 4x4' diffusion panel would be only 0.35m, letting you get an intensity of 20182 lux (1875 fc) at the diffusion.

Compared to the Axrtec, the COB 120t will be about a stop and a half dimmer but cover 17x the surface area.

And one more for a baseline, an Arri 650 fresnel:
                              10750 lux/999 fc, at 1m at full flood (54 degrees). That's 8768 lumens and a beam coverage of 1.02m. The distance needed to fully fill a 4x4' diffusion panel would need to be 1.20m, letting you get an intensity of 7510 lux (698 fc) at the diffusion.

I think I'm just about math'ed out for the day. Would love to hear more real-world opinions.
                              Aaron Lochert

Comment

Originally posted by LochnessDigital View Post
                                I think I'm just about math'ed out for the day. Would love to hear more real-world opinions.
                                2 + 2 = 5 (for sufficiently large values of '2')

Comment

Working...
                                X