Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is aliasing and moire less of an issue on the BM Micro / BM Micro Studio 4k camera?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is aliasing and moire less of an issue on the BM Micro / BM Micro Studio 4k camera?

Is aliasing and moire less of an issue on the BM Micro Cinema Camera and BM Micro Studio 4k camera? (When compared to the BMPCC)
    Last edited by bmc444; 09-08-2016, 11:43 AM.

Yes, the Micro Cinema camera has less than the pocket camera, but still can have some in the right conditions. The Micro Studio camera has very little to no morie issues. I shot a "Tin roof" on a metal building in bright side sun light with the Pocket, and had vast amount of morie, the BMCC much less, and the Micro Studio none.
    DS

Comment

The higher resolution reduces the problem, since the MFT of lenses already drops with such small detail.

Comment

I was using Veydra Mini Primes and my Zeiss 12mm Super Speed lens, not Panny or Oly MFT lenses. The Micro4K was being downscaled to HD in the Video Assist monitor used for both camera tests. But you bring up a good point that sharper lenses like the Sigma 18-35 Zoom, do increase the chance of morie, while camera resolution increase (4K vs HD) does help to reduce it.
        Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X