Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptainHook View Post
    What size are the LUTs?
    The camera supports 17^3 and 33^3 no bigger than 1.5MB (as per the manual). You can check the cube dimensions by opening the LUT in a text editor and at the top it will have the LUT size. If your LUT fits within those criteria and is still not loading, send it to me so we can took a look. If you don't have an app like Lattice to resize the LUT, just load the LUT on a node in Resolve and then right click the clip and generate a new LUT and that will load in the camera. Thanks!
    Hey Hook. Thanks. They're around 708kb. Should I email the LUTs to you?

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainHook View Post
      2x desqueeze is only possible on the 4.6K with the 3K Anamorphic crop
      Thanks for clarifying that!
      Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by AaronChicago View Post
        Hey Hook. Thanks. They're around 708kb. Should I email the LUTs to you?
        Are they 17^3 or 33^3? If so, yes send me the LUTs. Thanks.
        Blackmagic Design
        My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Comment

@CaptainHook,
          Does this update provide any further progress on the magenta vignetting issue some UM4.6K users are still suffering since v3.3?

Comment

Originally posted by doublehf View Post
            @CaptainHook,
            Does this update provide any further progress on the magenta vignetting issue some UM4.6K users are still suffering since v3.3?
            I would also like to know this. It was asked over on the official forum, but got no response from BMD.

Comment

can someone see if the reel/roll increases by one after each in camera format please?

Comment

Loving this new firmware!

I noticed that the 5600k preset has a tint of +10, but the 3200K preset has no tint at all. Does the sensor shift green in daylight but not under tungsten?

I love the the roll numbering, but how do I manually change it to start back at A001?

Comment

The default tint +10 looks greenish on my camera. I have to increase the LCD tint to +35 towards magenta to get WB to look neutral in default video mode. I consider my camera to be neutral very early on, one of the few which has no gobal magenta cast. For the LCD to show green cast in its default setting suggest to me the problem with global magenta cast must be pretty severe if your camera looks neutral.

Comment

On my 4.6:

The 'take' increases by one after each shot, yes.

I don't see any difference re: magenta from the last firmware update.

My Sigma 50 EX DG HSM is no longer controlled by the camera, worked just fine before. (Does not have a sigma firmware update available, fwiw, sigma's dock doesn't even recognize the lens for whatever reason. But like I said, worked just fine prior to this 4.0 fw)

Comment

So this just happened. My Sigma 18-35 works fine. But there was one moment where after playing back a clip and returning to record mode, aperture wasnt able to be controlled and was not showing what f-stop Im at. Basic reboot saved it.

Also focus peaking is definitely too thin (it is sensitive just enough, just the lines should be thicker). Shot outside today and had some issues.

My other concern is boot time. Its very long and sometimes Im not even sure if it works right away. Maybe its just my impatience but I think I had times where it wouldnt turn on until I hit the button couple times.

Comment

For those of you who cares: My 18-35mm sigma didn't work (2 years old) on the 4.0 FW.
                        I bought the USB sigma dock and updated the FW on the lens and now it does work!
                        Last edited by Eli Hershko; 08-17-2016, 01:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbrycel View Post
                          I noticed that the 5600k preset has a tint of +10, but the 3200K preset has no tint at all. Does the sensor shift green in daylight but not under tungsten?
                          This is based on common colour science used by Adobe and many others. If you look at Adobe presets in camera RAW, or the Resolve WB presets you will notice the same thing. Daylight is green compared to a black body radiator (tungsten) and the daylight locus is used for temperatures above 4000K. This has been done in BM cameras since the first BMCC. If you shoot RAW in say the BMCC and select the various WB options you will notice bringing it into Resolve tint is close to +10 for 4000K and above (it's never exactly 10 due to rounding error) and close to '0' tint for below.

Here's the daylight locus compared to the Planckian (tungsten). Notice it's "greener" and therefore would need a tint adjustment towards magenta to compensate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_illuminant

Originally posted by mrbrycel View Post
                          I love the the roll numbering, but how do I manually change it to start back at A001?
                          In the slate use the left/right arrows for reel or tap the number and enter a new number with the keyboard. The reel will otherwise auto-increment every time you format a card. The camera index / letter is under slate->project.
                          Blackmagic Design
                          My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Comment

Originally posted by Eli Hershko View Post
                            For those of you who cares: My 18-35mm sigma didn't work (2 years old) on the 4.0 FW.
                            I bought the USB sigma dock and updated the FW on the lens and now it does work!
                            This confirms the issue with the Sigma zooms is the older lens FW being the issue with UM FW 4.0 update.
                            Cheers

Comment

So I just noticed an amazing feature. It now records full lens data in the metadata. Including focal length (on zooms too), aperture and focus distance (!!!). No more camera reports)) At least it works with my Sigma Art zooms.

Comment

Originally posted by elnarvideo View Post
                                So I just noticed an amazing feature. It now records full lens data in the metadata. Including focal length (on zooms too), aperture and focus distance (!!!). No more camera reports)) At least it works with my Sigma Art zooms.
                                Very cool. For some reason, our Zeiss Milvus 50mm is showing up as a "Sigma 50mm DG HSM". Tested the 21mm and the 85mm and they report the same. Wish that the F1 / F2 buttons were easier to locate by touch in the dark. Coming from the full sized broadcast camera world, it's nice to find buttons by memory in the dark instantly.
                                Last edited by Guy Cochran; 08-17-2016, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X