Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

<span style="color:yellow; <vb:comment>font-weight:normal;</vb:comment>">MY 2.5K CAME

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• <span style="color:yellow; <vb:comment>font-weight:normal;</vb:comment>">MY 2.5K CAME

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac...376344954.html

I think it has nothing to do with the ebay one posted here some time ago, except for the price point. I know this isn't very informative, but still, another camera has been delivered...

I think that's Cory's.

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
    Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

Comment

I just traded a Wii and some Mario games for it

Comment

If someone buys this and the person who bought it originally how does the warranty transfer? assuming they got one to start with.
        http://valentin-mail.de/4a805

Comment

Originally posted by ianim8 View Post
          I just traded a Wii and some Mario games for it
          I LOL'd
          -Michael Beck

Comment

This is so funny that a blackmarket racket is turning up for this camera.
            JHDT Productions
            Video production for television and web
            www.jhdtstockimages.com
            IMDB Profile
            www.imdb.com/name/nm4265184/

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Hellbach View Post
              Yeah, I am glad that I got mine from a very generous person. If I had gotten mine from my Pre-order, I don't know if I could keep from selling it for twice what I paid for it!
              Last edited by mbeck; 11-01-2012, 10:32 AM.
              -Michael Beck

Comment

I guess this is getting silly and unrealistic..

Comment

all kidding aside, why would anyone spend this much on it?
                  man you can buy a production set with that kinda of money.
                  thats a decent Sachtler tripod right there

Comment

Originally posted by Jake Hellbach View Post
                    How is it a "blackmarket racket"? Black market is a term for selling stolen goods. There's nothing stolen about this.

Comment

There is a buyer for everything in this world. You all should know that being most of you are in the business of shooting. This here is called a premium, much like a car lot premium that you see on hard to get cars. Think about how many people are waiting for this camera. Sure, it's a lot of bread. But I think somebody out there will buy this for that price.

Comment

If you knew for sure you could book $3,000 worth of rentals for it in the next month, why wouldn't you buy it?

Sure, the guy's asking a huge premium over retail, and he may or may not get it. For an end user, it's obviously not worth it. But if you have the business model to support that premium, I could see how it could make some sense for the right person with the right business model.

Comment

If it's just some guy making a smart move to take advantage of the delays, I don't have any problem with that. It's only annoying to the extent that it reminds us how slow the trickle on these cameras is.

It's only when dealers skip over their preorders and try to make a windfall profit that it bothers me (which is what that eBay one appeared to be).

Comment

If this is Cory's this is very intresting... Reading between the lines, he decided to go with the 3x priced scarlet rather than this camera. I wonder what shortcommings in the BMC made this decision for him (if it is indeed him).

Comment

Well take it from someone that bought a Scarlet.
                              Im selling every little thing I have at home just to get all the parts
                              Im saving the big boy money for the other gear required to do the kind of projects Im working towards.

Comment

Working...
                              X