Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

<span style="color:yellow; <vb:comment>font-weight:normal;</vb:comment>">MY 2.5K CAME

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Cancelled my 4K camera switch to BMC EF mount, reason why. I can't wait for a hypothetical at this point, and I only have 0.46 left in my name if i kept waiting for the 4k. i should get the bmc tuesday.

    Comment


    • Just got word last night that my m43 bmcc has arrived. Unfortunately, this word came after completing the first day of a two week road trip to Glacier National Park, in Montana, that I really hoped to have the new camera for. Instead I ended up packing my gh2 with most of my lenses and other gear.

      However, I do have a friend that's flying into Bozeman, Montana on Wednesday. We're picking him up and continuing on to Missoula, and ultimately the park. As I type this, I'm trying to scheme a way that he could pick up the camera, and the bag of bmcc essential accessories I already have packed at home, and bring this as his carry on.

      The only thing I'm worried about is the battery. Everything I've read seems to indicate that you'll only have problems with a 100wh or greater batteries. Since I have the Switronix XPL-90S 98Wh battery, I should be fine... right? haha. Obviously it would have to be carry on, but I wonder if the airlines have cracked down in light of the recent battery issues on the boeing 787s?

      Well, gotta hit the road again. Hopefully I'll be able to make this happen. Either way, I'm super excited that the camera finally arrived!
      JB Schiess
      Cinematographer
      Textbook Productions
      textbooklooks.com

      Comment


      • Gl on your shoot. Im leaving Sunday to attend NYU cinematography course; praying to the camera gods I get it in time despite BMD's track record. Cheers.

        Comment


        • Cancelled my BMC4K order yesterday and changed to the MFT version. Today I got an email to say the cam will be delivered to my house tomorrow. Way quicker than I expected! Order was placed with Visual Impact in the UK.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by static View Post
            Cancelled my BMC4K order yesterday and changed to the MFT version. Today I got an email to say the cam will be delivered to my house tomorrow. Way quicker than I expected! Order was placed with Visual Impact in the UK.
            lol. i am in the same boat. i still have a 4k on order. and I wont lie i am tempted to switch. I've got that super cheap seiki 4k tv ready for my BMPC. I am just a fan of 4k and I am not sure if 2.5k will satisfiy my needs. I guess I'll make the decision after i see some footage, and see if the metabones ef to m43 will function on a passive mount, much like the live lens from Red rock does.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Vimeo

            Comment


            • Originally posted by madaspy View Post
              lol. i am in the same boat. i still have a 4k on order. and I wont lie i am tempted to switch. I've got that super cheap seiki 4k tv ready for my BMPC. I am just a fan of 4k and I am not sure if 2.5k will satisfiy my needs. I guess I'll make the decision after i see some footage, and see if the metabones ef to m43 will function on a passive mount, much like the live lens from Red rock does.
              does your 4k tv have 6g-sdi? or how do you solve that?
              http://www.erichasso.com/
              http://www.thesuspenseofdisbelief.com/

              Comment


              • Yay, i finally got my Bmcc today!!! Now a proud Owner!!!
                Blackmagic enthusiast, Indie film activist

                BMCC EF, MOVI M10
                http://www.eyefinitycreations.com
                http://www.youtube.com/eyefinitycreations

                Comment


                • Originally posted by sen9171nathan View Post
                  Yay, i finally got my Bmcc today!!! Now a proud Owner!!!
                  Call your retailer and see if you can get some money back due to the price drop.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Brian@202020 View Post
                    Call your retailer and see if you can get some money back due to the price drop.
                    ditto
                    Blackmagic Cinema Camera Channel

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by static View Post
                      Cancelled my BMC4K order yesterday and changed to the MFT version. Today I got an email to say the cam will be delivered to my house tomorrow. Way quicker than I expected! Order was placed with Visual Impact in the UK.
                      I cancelled my 4K order with CVP and I am looking for a dealer with low pre-order queue or stock of MFT BMCC V1. CPV don;t have any in stock, what about Visual Impact, hows' the situation with them, not many people on the MFT list I guess.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Brian@202020 View Post
                        Call your retailer and see if you can get some money back due to the price drop.
                        Im awaiting adorama for a reply. Sucks that its the weekend. No respinse until monday.
                        Dustin Uy-Filmmaker

                        Comment


                        • Mine just shipped... I ordered my MFT BMCC today! Loving Adorama!
                          Martin Yernazian
                          www.imdb.com/name/nm2270693/
                          instagram.com/martinyernazian/
                          Director/Producer
                          www.atorrantefilms.com

                          Comment


                          • My BMCC MFT is arriving today. GAME ON!

                            Comment


                            • Got a priced drop! Checkin my bmcc mft tomorrow :-D
                              Dustin Uy-Filmmaker

                              Comment


                              • Got my BMCC MFT delivered yesterday. Great news.

                                Found out my SmallHD DP4 won't work with it. Not so great news.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X