Ursa Mini 4.6k supply availability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ursa Mini 4.6k supply availability

What's the current state of Ursa Mini 4.6k availability? A local retailer states 1-2 days after order, where as others still just say pre-order.

Anybody know how they're going in getting cameras out?

Thanks.

In the US, I've been told by four different suppliers that BM hasn't shipped them any 4.6K cameras in the last 7-8 weeks (they were coming in randomly before that), but two of them mentioned that BM should be shipping them again (at least that's what they think) in the next 1-2 weeks.

I'm not sure about other countries. TIFWIW.

Comment

CVP in the UK are saying if you order one now estimate delivery time is 9 months

Comment

I thought 1-2 days was unrealistic. I'll assume 'no time soon' until evidence suggests otherwise.

Thanks.

Comment

BM couldn't even deliver an URSA Mini 4k, I didn't realize they'd be that hard to come by, stating that they were waiting for parts.

Ordered it two weeks ago and they've 'guesstimated August' at this point.

I've been down this path two times before, (like all here). I've cancelled the order to create cash flow (as I had 3/4 the full cost on the camera).

I still very much so want this camera, so I'll re-order down the road. I thought considering this was the same sensor as the BMPC that it would be quite easy to deliver.

Comment

The Mini 4K was widely available a few weeks ago. Some small businesses may have them in stock and ready to go if you do some research.

Maybe the earthquake has affected BM too as it seems it's really taken a toll on every company.

Comment

I looked into placing an order for the 4.6k a week ago with a supplier here in Australia, they said BM are still fulfilling orders and that stock will not be available till about Sept. I purchased a VA from these guys a few weeks back and they said it was coming direct from BM which it appeared to do as it shipped from Melb even though the company was interstate. Sounded to me like they have a direct line into BM.

Comment

Originally posted by NorBro View Post
                Maybe the earthquake has affected BM too as it seems it's really taken a toll on every company.
                Why would a earthquake in Japan effect the output of Cameras from BMD?
                Vimeo.com/dropbars

https://www.instagram.com/cook_it_off/

Comment

Parts.

Comment

Also, just to be clear, not saying that's the case as I don't know where parts come from for the production of a BM camera, but I would bet they are not all from Australia.

Comment

I placed an order for my 4.6k Ursa Mini on May 20th through Adorama in NYC. It's been on backorder since the day I placed it. After numerous calls to both Adorama and BlackMagic, I was left without any answers. But recently I spoke to 1Source Video which is the US distributor and was told that they should be shipping out from Australia sometime next week to begin fulfilling the backorders. The path is Australia to California to clear customs, then to either AZ for West Coast distribution or NJ for East Coast.

The super nice receptionist lady at 1Source said it was a technical issue that caused delay and readily agreed when I spoke up about the magenta issue with the sensor. Not sure if that's the real reason or if I mistakenly put words in her mouth so she could agree with me and move on with her day.

(First post .... Hello everybody. Ive been lurking in limbo for a few weeks now awaiting my approval to post.)
                      Jess Orsburn
                      Ursa Mini 4.6K
                      Rokinon CineDS Primes
                      www.landbridgemedia.com

Comment

Very interesting stuff Land, thank you.

Comment

Ordered my mini 4.6k ef from B&H on June 1st 2016. It came in stock yesterday(July 14th) and is shipping out today.

Comment

I wonder how your camera will look as it may be one from a "new" batch.

Comment

I preordered my 4.6k ef in the middle of February from Germany. I have everything else at home already but I'm still waiting the camera itself. I hope I'll get it before August.
                              Atte Heinonen
                              Instagram // https://instagram.com/aatmoss
                              Vimeo // https://vimeo.com/atteheinonen

Comment

Working...
                              X