X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philip Bloom - 44 minute mini ursa 4.6 review

http://philipbloom.net/blog/ursa/

https://vimeo.com/173156246

Already posted but while interesting to get his input his review feels very "wounded" and I did'nt felt it was useful enough to deserve its own thread

http://www.bmcuser.com/showthread.ph...l=1#post215065

Comment

Philip Bloom reviews himself! And throws in some views on the 4.6k too.

I do like his cats.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben View Post
        Philip Bloom reviews himself! And throws in some views on the 4.6k too.
        To his fans he is bigger than any products so no surprise there it is about himself first and foremost, the camera is just incidential otherwise his review would not have taken 44 mins

Comment

he still has fans?
          cant watch his reviews.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallbaker
            Probably because it's off point. This is about a camera review. As far as the 2 abuse claims against Bloom, I don't know him, nor do I know his accusers - but I haven't seen any evidence of abuse and I hate it when people are accused of something awful and the assumption is that they *must* be guilty. I'm one of those crazy guys who likes evidence.

All that said, this is in reference to a review some guy made. Let it be that.
            Well said.

Comment

Users have asked for the removed posts to be deleted.

As far as I understand nothing's being recorded by the justice system. Until then we're sticking to talking about a camera. If you want to keep posting on that topic you'll be taking a holiday.

Feel free to discuss the camera or the conclusions reached by his review.

JB.

Comment

LOL seems like I missed something...

Comment

It's not new news, you can look it up, but it's beyond the scope of this thread to discuss it.

JB.

Comment

Thanks John.

Comment

I feel bad for the guy, he's really struggling right now. But what's clear under all the suffering in this video is the um46 has an amazing image.

Comment

I found his information about the usability of the camera to be interesting. I've not seen/read any in-depth reviews about that elsewhere yet, only discussions about the image quality - and the image quality issues that seem to be being addressed. The usability issues that are in hardware (power button underneath display, etc) are the ones that can't be fixed by firmware, and should be known before spending that kind of money on the camera. I'm still left wondering if some of those modes that are available in windowed mode will be able to be made available with full sensor via a firmware update. Either way, I found his mini-review valuable.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
                          It's not new news, you can look it up, but it's beyond the scope of this thread to discuss it.

JB.
                          Nah I dont need to know, I was just making light of some internet drama, but since i dont even know what it was about, I didnt mean anything by it.

Comment

I just wish it'd been the big Ursa reviewed, I'm surprised how much interest there is in the mini.
                            Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, GoPro Hero4 Black, Mavic Air, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

Comment

Originally posted by tyger11 View Post
                              I found his information about the usability of the camera to be interesting. I've not seen/read any in-depth reviews about that elsewhere yet, only discussions about the image quality - and the image quality issues that seem to be being addressed. The usability issues that are in hardware (power button underneath display, etc) are the ones that can't be fixed by firmware, and should be known before spending that kind of money on the camera. I'm still left wondering if some of those modes that are available in windowed mode will be able to be made available with full sensor via a firmware update. Either way, I found his mini-review valuable.
                              I like Mr Bloom's reviews too. A little quirky. A bit amusing. I like his cats. Maybe the F1 and F2 keys on the outside could become power and menu and they output the menu screen to an external monitor. Then make the F1 F2 navigate the menu including to a power button. It would solve the things he doesn't like. If I had a mini I'd use it with the display door closed. I'd preferred they make it with a side panel daylight viewable black and white touch screen lcd and skipped the internal monitor. And I wish they'd had just put a door over the CFast slots. I actually prefer the BMPC design more. I'm probably the super exception in that regard. But getting back to Mr Bloom. He wasn't keen on the BMCC design but I like the BMPC design which is why I bought one. I'm glad JB removed the post not related to the thread. It was inappropriate.

Comment

Working...
                              X