Nab 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by pauldu27 View Post
    I picked up a dongle on ebay for $350 about 4 months ago. Most of them are trending around 4 or 500 now. Either way, its definitely worth the pickup for the NR alone.
    And apparently 12.5 has a superior NR algorithm. Anyone give it a go, yet?
    Aaron Lochert

Comment

• Originally posted by LochnessDigital View Post
      And apparently 12.5 has a superior NR algorithm. Anyone give it a go, yet?
      Yeah they increased the Temporal NR frame references from 2 to 5.

The spatial NR is also much better, not as smeary as I recall it to be. Retains quite a bit of detail.

I had been planning to purchase a copy of NeatVideo for some time, however I think this update bring Resolve's NR very close.

Comment

• I love the idea of free Resolve but I just can't see it as sustainable. I am pretty sure it will go to a subscription model soon, maybe except for dongles. I know in this age of entitlement some will throw their hands in the air but somebody has to pay the piper, especially if you're using him to line your own pockets. A free version that is restricted is a great idea but it needs to be nobbled so non hobbyists need to go to the next level up (maybe export only h264 at lowish bitrates). Even if it was a 100 a year for high quality HD/2K would be a bargain. I would like to see more stability under windows though, but it may just be my setup as Premiere and Nuke also seem to be have problems.

Comment

• For those who didn't make it to NAB this year, I filmed a 360 degree VR booth tour:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNRJPGq01oo
          // Aaron

Comment

• Nice, Have you considered a gimbal for your 360 Video rig?
            LeViteZer Smooths the movement, www.levitezer.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Kim View Post
              Nice, Have you considered a gimbal for your 360 Video rig?
              I do have a 3-axis gimbal but didn't want to bring it with me to NAB, and I also wanted to get the cameras up high (so just used a selfie stick).
              // Aaron

Comment

• I meant a gimbal at the end of the pole, designed to give free view for the 360 Video.

BTW, how many camera 360 Video rig is that?
                LeViteZer Smooths the movement, www.levitezer.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Kim View Post
                  I meant a gimbal at the end of the pole, designed to give free view for the 360 Video.

BTW, how many camera 360 Video rig is that?
                  2 camera rig, the Kodak SP360 4K cams.
                  // Aaron

Comment

• Originally posted by pcenginefx View Post
                    For those who didn't make it to NAB this year, I filmed a 360 degree VR booth tour:
                    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNRJPGq01oo
                    Damn their booth looks big! Or is the 360 view making it look bigger than it is? Pretty cool though!
                    Vimeo.com/dropbars

https://www.instagram.com/cook_it_off/

Comment

• I'm impressed by the many hanging (look up) soft boxes in that little studio...would love to have seen them build the entire thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy Cook View Post
                        Damn their booth looks big! Or is the 360 view making it look bigger than it is? Pretty cool though!
                        No, it was really that big! One of the largest booths there in terms of space, but because they had hardly any displays off the walls they had a ton of room to walk.

The camera demo/shooting area was also good sized....the many soft boxes were there to simulate daylight which did a great job on the set they built out.
                        // Aaron

Comment

Working...
                        X