No announcement yet.

Nab 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackmagic's New 7" Video Assist 4K, 4.0 Firmware for URSA Mini and Davinci Resolve 12.5

https://youtu.be/EPGj6C5bZ70

Comment

• Originally posted by tonguecutter View Post
      Am I missing something or is the Pix E5 $100 more expensive than the Ninja Flame, 1080 instead of 1200 pixels and 500 nits instead of 1500 nits?
      That space is definitely becoming fiercely competitive, especially since the new Atomos recorders seem to be a bit more robust wrt build.

Still, they are close enough in price that other factors may factor in: Pix has a $300 upgrade that adds Sound Devices (industry standard) audio inputs, it also has physical buttons for functions so that you can, but don't have to, touch the screen with yer greasy digits, and it may still be way more robust in case of a drop.

Having said all of that, the 1500 nits totally puts the Atomos stuff into a new category for outdoor stuff. I mean, the premium for High Bright monitors was extremely high right up to these recent announcements...and that was without any recording functions.

Comment

• I'm a big Assassin/Shogun fan, so I really recommend the Atomos line, but you should try all of the recorders/monitors and see which one you like the best. I am very picky, and little things here and there that I don't like may ruin it for me as I won't enjoy using the product as much. Don't care what the price is; user experience is more valuable to me.

Comment

• I just can't deal with 7" screens on small cameras like the A7S.
          A PIX-E5 is really a great and the only solution for 4K at that size.
          However, they don't do RAW. Which is a real shame.
          If I wanted my films to look like the real world I'd buy a video camera.

Comment

• Lol, and here I am hoping for a 10" screen from someone.

Comment

• Originally posted by john greene View Post
              Blackmagic's New 7" Video Assist 4K, 4.0 Firmware for URSA Mini and Davinci Resolve 12.5

https://youtu.be/EPGj6C5bZ70
              Says video is private
              Go to my site to see my current Production and Post Production Gear
              http://www.daydreamersproductions.com/

Comment

• With a few exceptions this year seems kind of a bust for a lot of us. Besides DaVinci, the the 4K video assist and the update for Ursa people, they released things this year that some people may need but some stuff I am scratching my head at. Everyone kind of was hoping no new cameras, but it just seems like the stuff they came out with this year would pretty much only benefit TV stations and the like. Maybe it is just me. I was really hoping that DaVinci Display rumor was real. and even the 4K video assist, even though great, but without LUT support just kind of seems a shrug in some ways.

Comment

• Originally posted by daydreamersproductions View Post
                  With a few exceptions this year seems kind of a bust for a lot of us. Besides DaVinci, the the 4K video assist and the update for Ursa people, they released things this year that some people may need but some stuff I am scratching my head at. Everyone kind of was hoping no new cameras, but it just seems like the stuff they came out with this year would pretty much only benefit TV stations and the like. Maybe it is just me. I was really hoping that DaVinci Display rumor was real. and even the 4K video assist, even though great, but without LUT support just kind of seems a shrug in some ways.
                  Although I doubt this is the case, it is eerily similar to how Panasonic moved away from serving this subset for a few years and just focused on Broadcast. That was after the AF100 was run into an early coffin (so to speak, I get people use them, but you couldn't move them from a rental house once word got around.)

=P More importantly, where are all the people that assumed someone would "compete" with offerings this year? Canon? Buy a used C300 or C100! Great deals right now. Sony still wants you to buy an FS7 or FS5 (wonder how that RAW's gonna turn out on FS5), AJA? Panasonic says buy a Varicam if you want cinema at a low cost. Raven's trickling out, prices gone up yet?

Who am I missing?

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
                  Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

Comment

• Originally posted by Kholi View Post
                    Although I doubt this is the case, it is eerily similar to how Panasonic moved away from serving this subset for a few years and just focused on Broadcast. That was after the AF100 was run into an early coffin (so to speak, I get people use them, but you couldn't move them from a rental house once word got around.)

=P More importantly, where are all the people that assumed someone would "compete" with offerings this year? Canon? Buy a used C300 or C100! Great deals right now. Sony still wants you to buy an FS7 or FS5 (wonder how that RAW's gonna turn out on FS5), AJA? Panasonic says buy a Varicam if you want cinema at a low cost. Raven's trickling out, prices gone up yet?

Who am I missing?
                    I know. Just saying seems like missed opportunities.

Comment

• Uh-oh; if filmmakers aren't being distracted by press releases about new cameras, will they eventually get restless enough to start making films with the amazing gear available to them now!?

Perish the thought...

Comment

• Originally posted by daydreamersproductions View Post
                        With a few exceptions this year seems kind of a bust for a lot of us. Besides DaVinci, the the 4K video assist and the update for Ursa people, they released things this year that some people may need but some stuff I am scratching my head at. Everyone kind of was hoping no new cameras, but it just seems like the stuff they came out with this year would pretty much only benefit TV stations and the like. Maybe it is just me. I was really hoping that DaVinci Display rumor was real. and even the 4K video assist, even though great, but without LUT support just kind of seems a shrug in some ways.
                        I think this is GOOD thing.

MANY of the camera makers need to LAY OFF IT for a little while and update and solidify the cameras they've already released.
                        Sony and BMD come to mind...

It's also good because now I know I can go ahead and get another BMCC and not worry about it being money that should have gone elsewhere.
                        Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
                        Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
                        Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

• Perhaps they are waiting until they can introduce the next camera as "shipping immediately." Then they could finish it, take care of issues such as tint in corners, and not have to ignore them so they could ship before an arbitrary date such as this years's NAB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex.Mitchell View Post
                            Uh-oh; if filmmakers aren't being distracted by press releases about new cameras, will they eventually get restless enough to start making films with the amazing gear available to them now!?

Perish the thought...
                            Well after all is said and done, I'm upgrading from an old HMC150 and am almost decided on my new kit to be the A6300, Ninja Flame, Sigma 18-35 Art, and my already owned Finalcut, Logic, Glidecam 2000, AT835b Shotgun - And I'm absolutely convinced with a decent screenplay, this is all I need to make an awsome film.

Comment

• I'm just happy my pocket isn;t obsolete. :-)
                              instagram
                              my work

Comment

• Originally posted by tonguecutter View Post
                                Well after all is said and done, I'm upgrading from an old HMC150 and am almost decided on my new kit to be the A6300, Ninja Flame, Sigma 18-35 Art, and my already owned Finalcut, Logic, Glidecam 2000, AT835b Shotgun - And I'm absolutely convinced with a decent screenplay, this is all I need to make an awsome film.
                                Great films have been made with much, much less.

Comment

Working...
                                X