Nab 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by NorBro View Post
    I would say those wonderful BM cameras are retired.
    The cameras, yes, the sensor, why not? We've seen with Red Weapon that even utilizing the same dragon sensor, they can achieve cleaner images to the Epic Dragon.

I wouldn't want a BMCC 2 anyway. The form factor is clumsy. I'd want an URSA Mini 2.5K with a locking MFT mount. If they could utilize the sensor's 100fps capability, or at least 60fps. I'd be sold. But this would only make sense if it was substantially cheaper than the 4.6K. Otherwise, why not just shoot windowed mode on a 4.6K PL with some Zeiss Super Speeds or something.

At this point, if they're going to reuse the 2.5K sensor, it's gonna have to be in the body of a pocket. I don't even know if that's possible.
    Aaron Lochert

Comment

• It would be cool if you could build your own camera on BM's website.

Step 1 - Sensor Choice

Step 2 - Body

Step 3 - HFR Option

ETC.

Some options wouldn't be possible, but like you mentioned, putting that BMCC sensor or even the pocket sensor inside the MINI body and having HFRs, XLRs, a better screen, etc. would probably make a lot of people happy.

Better yet...you send your old camera in so they use your internals.

Comment

• Well Blackmagics press conference is tomorrow at 9.30am (4:30pm gmt I think), someone will probably leak any surprises tonight online whilst I'm alseep.

Comment

• Not quite a BM related item but DJI apparently just announced a new Ronin MX...

https://www.facebook.com/philipbloom...type=3&theater

Comment

It would be cool if you could build your own camera on BM's website.

Step 1 - Sensor Choice

Step 2 - Body

Step 3 - HFR Option

ETC.

Some options wouldn't be possible, but like you mentioned, putting that BMCC sensor or even the pocket sensor inside the MINI body and having HFRs, XLRs, a better screen, etc. would probably make a lot of people happy.

Better yet...you send your old camera in so they use your internals.
            YES! ++++++

Comment

That HDC-4800 does 4K at 480fps...placed my preorder...
              At 100k a pop you may as well get 2.

Comment

• haha...I feel like that's reasonable for big corporations...I was expecting it to be like $500K or something...probably will be once a lens is on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anthony View Post
                  Sony FS5 firmware update: 4K 60fps RAW and 1080/240fps RAW via 3G SDI to the Odyssey 7Q+. May (2016), $600.
                  $600 for a firmware update?!

Comment

• Pretty reasonable. They could have easily charged $1000+. A few years ago, they would have.

Comment

• Originally posted by tyger11 View Post
                      We're spoiled by BM with our free updates. =)
                      Paul Del Vecchio - Director/Producer
                      http://www.PaulDV.net
                      https://vimeo.com/channels/directorpauldv
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/pdelvecchio814
                      http://www.twitter.com/pauldv

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Paul-...io/58731646898

Comment

• Originally posted by tyger11 View Post
                        The FS700 raw was paid too, and the FS5 does the raw in the same way via a single 3G-SDI, plus Sony did announce back in September at IBC when they announced the FS5 initially that it would be a future PAID upgrade so not sure why people are so surprised. I think it's cheap for what it is.

Comment

• Ah, okay, there are multiple things going on here. The 2.0 firmware is free, and includes the amazing-sounding auto-ND, GPS, and better zebra. The raw/HFR 'license' is what costs $500, and is separate. There is also another $500 license for MPEG2 422 50Mbit broadcast codec.

I'm most interested in seeing how well that auto-ND feature works; that's really a game-changer, though I definitely want to see what kind of image raw is able to bring out of this camera.

Comment

• Originally posted by k0bayashi View Post
                            The FS700 raw was paid too, and the FS5 does the raw in the same way via a single 3G-SDI, plus Sony did announce back in September at IBC when they announced the FS5 initially that it would be a future PAID upgrade so not sure why people are so surprised. I think it's cheap for what it is.
                            I'm not surprised it costs money, I'm surprised at how overpriced it if for what it does. I'm a developer by trade, and no, that is only a reasonable price by the standards of this messed-up industry.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Sandiford View Post
                              Well Blackmagics press conference is tomorrow at 9.30am (4:30pm gmt I think), someone will probably leak any surprises tonight online whilst I'm alseep.
                              We've got the scoop, just waiting for you to go to bed before we leak it.
                              www.motionplaces.com
                              andrewjulian

Comment

• Originally posted by Alberto89 View Post
                                LOL my thoughts exactly! Go get a Shogun.
                                Screw that grab an Odyssey.

Comment

Working...
                                X