Sandisk Extreme SD card for BMPCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandisk Extreme SD card for BMPCC

Not sure if discussed before but has anyone tried this card for raw recording of BMPCC? This is not the Pro version with 95MB/s. Thanks

SanDisk Extreme 256 GB SDXC Memory Card up to 90 MB/s, Class 10, U3

Amazon ASIN B013CP3Q9G

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Extr...dp_ob_title_ce
    Last edited by rvrts; 10-29-2015, 09:41 AM.

If it's not on the list I would not suggest it. It will probably work for ProRes but will probably not work for RAW.

- Michael

Comment

Originally posted by rvrts View Post
      Not sure if discussed before but has anyone tried this card for raw recording of BMPCC? This is not the Pro version with 95MB/s. Thanks

SanDisk Extreme 256 GB SDXC Memory Card up to 90 MB/s, Class 10, U3

http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-Extr...dp_ob_title_ce
      I have been using the SanDisk 64 GB, 80 Mb/s, U3, class 10 cards for all of my work with the BMPCC, for shooting both ProRes and RAW. They are not on The List, but I have not had a fault.

I do not capture more than 2-3 minutes of film, at most 5. There may be some issues with ambient temperatures, so I've not shot in 100+ F weather, or under 50 F...

I now have about 5 cards that I cycle through. I had stopped 'reusing' SD cards for my GH-1, and treated them more like 'film', but the expense of the higher performance, requires at the moment to recycle. Each card has had at most 10 cycles to date.

Comment

Originally posted by jeclark2006 View Post
        I have been using the SanDisk 64 GB, 80 Mb/s, U3, class 10 cards for all of my work with the BMPCC, for shooting both ProRes and RAW. They are not on The List, but I have not had a fault.

I do not capture more than 2-3 minutes of film, at most 5. There may be some issues with ambient temperatures, so I've not shot in 100+ F weather, or under 50 F...

I now have about 5 cards that I cycle through. I had stopped 'reusing' SD cards for my GH-1, and treated them more like 'film', but the expense of the higher performance, requires at the moment to recycle. Each card has had at most 10 cycles to date.
        Wow that's crazy. I would have never expected that card to work with RAW without frame drops considering it's write speed is only 60 MB/s...

Comment

Originally posted by jeclark2006 View Post

afaik SD cards have write cycles of around 100.000 and last around 10 years with medium usage?!

Comment

Working...
          X