Nebula 4200 - 5-axis gimbal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tyger11 View Post
    The parts of the gimbal that determine payload will be the same between the single and dual handle configurations.
    That sounds logical, and i was thinking the same after I typed my question, but .. hey, you never know, at least me :-)

Will trade my as-new BMPCC 4K v.1.0 for two new BMPCC 4K V.2.0

Comment

Looks like the Nebula 4200 has taken over the entire Filmpower site.

http://filmpower.us

Comment

So close to pulling the trigger on the 5 axis model, but the lack of accessory mounting options makes me hesitate. Ideally, I'd like to mount a small monitor and my rode SVMX, but I'm not seeing an easy way to get those rigged. The handles seem to attach to a 15mm rod, but it isnt threaded so extending it with a 1 or 2 inch rod doesn't seem viable. Hmm.

Comment

Originally posted by NMSK View Post
          So close to pulling the trigger on the 5 axis model, but the lack of accessory mounting options makes me hesitate. Ideally, I'd like to mount a small monitor and my rode SVMX, but I'm not seeing an easy way to get those rigged. The handles seem to attach to a 15mm rod, but it isnt threaded so extending it with a 1 or 2 inch rod doesn't seem viable. Hmm.
          I know what you mean. Without a place to attach a monitor and 15mm rods to attach a follow focus makes the gimbal rather useless for serious production. No camera is perfect and seems like gimbals aren't very different.

Comment

Originally posted by goodgoings View Post
            I know what you mean. Without a place to attach a monitor and 15mm rods to attach a follow focus makes the gimbal rather useless for serious production. No camera is perfect and seems like gimbals aren't very different.
            A Follow Focus, and rods puts you really firmly into the range of a full-size heavy-payload gimbal. There's not really much way around that.

With the prices being what they are - I'm still sticking with a full steadycam with arm and vest for shots with a rail system and a follow focus on the camera. That's a monitor-friendly tried-and-true system anyway. You can get a REALLY good full outfit for $800 or less and fly any Blackmagic camera short of an URSA on it.
            And no batteries, no motors to tweak the software on and it is a system that has evolved over MANY iterations to be really successful.

These 1-handle gimbals, as I see them, are for when you need to be WAY less noticeable or for when you need to get in much smaller or tighter spaces and are going to use a much smaller camera.

I thought they were really just a fad gimmick because everything I was seeing from them was NOT as smooth as typical steadycam footage. And for TWICE the price or whatever I just didn't see anything in it except "neat-o new gizmo"....

...until I saw DustyLens' (DVXUser) music video he did with a Nebula and like a GH4. He was RUNNING through a PUBLIC super dense street crowd following a running woman! They ran all sorts of other crazy places too. But the CROWD...
            You could NEVER EVER pull that off with a full steadycan rig because it's too large and you wouldn't fit through the mass of people ESPECIALLY considering they're NOT YOUR PEOPLE! This was in PUBLIC!

Previous opinion officially SMASHED TO BITS.

Now, the footage was not full 'steadycam floaty-magic' smooth, but it was remarkably smooth for what the demands were and it was glorious.

So, these little 1-handle 1kg - 1.2kg gimbals are for a mini camera only. The Sony A7s or GH4 is about as big as you can go. End of that story.
            Just be glad we can put a Pocket Camera on them, have 'some' form of monitor, and shoot in the glorious BMD RAW.

That's the win right there.

Too bad I have neither a Pocket Camera nor a wee gimbal. The rentals are still way over priced in my area for what this stuff costs. Not enough of them in town yet at all.

Grrrr....bloody G.A.S strikes again.
            Last edited by DPStewart; 10-08-2015, 10:27 PM.
            Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
            Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
            Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

While extremely difficult to mold and manufacture, the integrated design of the Nebula4200 series uses high quality silicon metal in an aluminum-magnesium alloy. Thus, while the overall weight of the stabilizer is lighter, its smooth surface is wear-resistant, durable, and timeless.

Reveal some latest production information of Nebula4200. Handle molds and joystick model, but the model shape is not a mass production version.

QQ??20150927213358.jpg

QQ??20151010202351.jpg

Comment

The Nebula 4200 5 Axis Gimbal looks like it might be the best under 1K solution for steady-cam type shots with my GH4...........but where are the batteries and is there a stand or something to set it down on, when your not shooting?

Comment

Can't wait until mine arrives!

Comment

This is the new Kid on the block.........Check this out, http://www.stuff.tv/me/news/hands-os...eadicam-killer see more information here.http://www.dji.com/product/osmo

Comment

Vardalos,

I hate to be that guy, but while the OSMO is cool, I can't mount MY BMD (or any other) camera to it.

Comment

I'll admit it's a bit off topic but it's so cool I thought anyone interested in a Gimbal should know about it. BTW, If you have a pocket camera, try your MFT lenses on the X5 or X5R camera head accessory.

Comment

Originally posted by Vardalos View Post
                          The Nebula 4200 5 Axis Gimbal looks like it might be the best under 1K solution for steady-cam type shots with my GH4...........but where are the batteries and is there a stand or something to set it down on, when your not shooting?
                          Using a smart battery, the Nebula 4200 series has a run time of over 4 hours. Available power is displayed by LED. An added feature, these stabilizers can provide power to other electronic devices via DC12V/USB5V output.

13.jpg

Comment

That's good to know about the Nebula 4200 battery set-up.

Also If you put it down when your not shooting is it self supporting or do you need a stand to support it?

Comment

Originally posted by Vardalos View Post
                              That's good to know about the Nebula 4200 battery set-up.

Also If you put it down when your not shooting is it self supporting or do you need a stand to support it?
                              No need a stand to support. It is self stand.

Comment

Any timeline and pricing on the thumb controller? Also how many batteries are included in the 5-axis version and how much are replacement batteries?

Really eager to see some detailed reviews on this unit.

Thanks,
                                Paul

Comment

Working...
                                X