Mounting the Anker Pro for BMPCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounting the Anker Pro for BMPCC

So I bought the Anker Pro 2 for my bmpcc and its extended my battery life but I dont know where to mount it or how to. I use a steadycam alot and shoulder rig and wondered if anyone has any solutions. I always like the clean setup with the internal batteries but know I have this extra bulk to carry around.

Any solutions would be great!

Get a pico plate from kamerar and attach it via 15mm rod. You can then Velcro the battery to anything that will mount to the pico plate, like a small cheese plate of quick release, or even a shoe mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Elliotj3d View Post
      So I bought the Anker Pro 2 for my bmpcc and its extended my battery life ...
      How did you hook it up to your BMPCC? Did it came with the right cable and voltage outputs?

Comment

Originally posted by EYu View Post
        How did you hook it up to your BMPCC? Did it came with the right cable and voltage outputs?
        I'm also interested in this - thanks

Comment

I have 2 of these batteries, and usually can go filming for about 8 hours (always leaving camera on between takes) before I'll need the second one. Amazing. Strapped onto the rods under the lens.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Dan K; 08-12-2015, 01:12 PM.
          Blackmagic Design User Group UK

Comment

Originally posted by gsbe View Post
            I'm also interested in this - thanks
            Lanparte do a converter cable (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lanparte-BMP...-/251394239736)

Or alternativly you can solder your own, will the relevant cables.

The powerpack must have a 12v output otherwise you could damage the BMPCC. Just make sure when you get a powerpack that it has a 12v output.

Comment

is there a model with 2 12v outs so I could power a monitor as well. No biggie as I use sony style 960 batteries on monitor and last forever. it would just make the rig a bit lighter. I like the idea of these universal power bricks that can plug into anything. V mount is nice but pricey.

Comment

is there a model with 2 12v outs so I could power a monitor as well. No biggie as I use sony style 960 batteries on monitor and last forever. it would just make the rig a bit lighter. I like the idea of these universal power bricks that can plug into anything. V mount is nice but pricey.

Comment

I mounted them using cable ties. I could never find a satisfactory position or method to mount them. And needed two to power the camera, monitor, audio and other accessories. In the end I bought a professional AB battery system and keep the Anker's charged for backup on a long shoot or to recharge phones, laptops etc when mains power isn't available. Occasionally to power an LED light. They're worth getting because they never become redundant, there's always something that needs power.

Comment

I plan on hanging the included mesh bag on the tripod...not necessarily mobile but it should work ok...

Comment

I have a lens pouch that is about the right size that I put on my belt and I made a long cable with the right connectors. Not perfect, but it works.
                      Jonathan Wheeler
                      http://dontshoutfilms.com

Comment

Working...
                      X