Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to buy to fix my issue

So first off, this is my first post, forgive me if I make any mistakes ;|

I recently purchased a BMPCC and I having some issues trying to figure out what to buy to fix the issue Im having.

All of my lenses are Canon. (either EF or FD) I have a focal reducer and a regular adapter, both are EF to MFT, my FD lens has a FD to EF adapter.

My main lens is a Tamron 17-55 1.8 for the Canon. I want to use it on my BMPCC with the focal reducer.
    My issue is that I cant adjust the aperture without putting my Tamron lens into my canon, changing it in the camera, holding the DOF preview button and removing the lens. (its a lame process but its all over the internet)

I am considering exchanging the lens for one that is similar and has a manual aperture ring. I want to avoid getting a MFT lens so I can still have both lenses that I can use on either camera.

Is there an adapter that is EF to MFT that is also a focal reducer AND has a separate aperture INSIDE the adapter?

What does the community think?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Vinnyistv View Post
    So first off, this is my first post, forgive me if I make any mistakes ;|

I recently purchased a BMPCC and I having some issues trying to figure out what to buy to fix the issue Im having.

All of my lenses are Canon. (either EF or FD) I have a focal reducer and a regular adapter, both are EF to MFT, my FD lens has a FD to EF adapter.

My main lens is a Tamron 17-55 1.8 for the Canon. I want to use it on my BMPCC with the focal reducer.
    My issue is that I cant adjust the aperture without putting my Tamron lens into my canon, changing it in the camera, holding the DOF preview button and removing the lens. (its a lame process but its all over the internet)

I am considering exchanging the lens for one that is similar and has a manual aperture ring. I want to avoid getting a MFT lens so I can still have both lenses that I can use on either camera.

Is there an adapter that is EF to MFT that is also a focal reducer AND has a separate aperture INSIDE the adapter?

What does the community think?

Thanks!
    I believe this would work: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kipon-Canon-...item51bd5cdb22

Comment

Originally posted by AaronChicago View Post
      I see those, but I want one that is also a focal reducer.

Comment

I see those, but I want one that is also a focal reducer.
        Metabones Speedbooster?

Comment

Canon EF mount lenses do not provide a mechanical way to control apperture, like Nikon G lenses do. So you will need expensive adapters to control it electronically.
          I have Metabones Speedbooster for Nikon G and it works like a charm. The EF model does the job too, but coasts more.

Comment

Originally posted by AaronChicago View Post
            Metabones Speedbooster?
            Does it have aperture control? I know it doesnt have manual control, and I see no option in my camera to change aperture.
            Maybe Im missing something...

Comment

Here is the metabones speedbooster with aperture control for ef lenses to BMPCC. Lens aperture is controlled electronically and its a speedbooster.

http://www.metabones.com/products/de...SPEF-BMPCC-BM1

Comment

Originally posted by mico View Post
                Here is the metabones speedbooster with aperture control for ef lenses to BMPCC. Lens aperture is controlled electronically and its a speedbooster.

http://www.metabones.com/products/de...SPEF-BMPCC-BM1
                Yes. This is the one I wanted to link but was on my phone.

Comment

Does it have aperture control? I know it doesnt have manual control, and I see no option in my camera to change aperture.
                  Maybe Im missing something...
                  the iris button on the back of the camera changes the aperture electronically

Comment

While it lacks a focal reducer, this product may help with your aperture settings. Also it is the cheapest wireless follow focus system I have ever seen.
                    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ess_focus.html

Comment

Thanks. I usually shoot wide open anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Slave2LaLa View Post
                        While it lacks a focal reducer, this product may help with your aperture settings. Also it is the cheapest wireless follow focus system I have ever seen.
                        http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ess_focus.html
                        aperture said they are working on a speed booster version. they showed it at NAB, should be coming out soon.
                        Vimeo profile
                        VFX Showreel
                        IMDB

Comment

Working...
                        X