Transcend announces CFast cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transcend announces CFast cards

Awesome, Transcend is entering the CFast market. More competition, going to lead to lower prices.

"The CFX600 cards are available in 128GB($249), 256GB($499) and 512GB($949) capacities. "

http://www.camerasharp.com/transcend...deo-recording/
    https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

god damn those prices.

Comment

Yeah. Still really expensive. Should come down in a few months time.

Comment

Just be aware only the CFX650 have been added to our recommended list, not the CFX600 which are cheaper.
        Blackmagic Design
        My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Comment

Yeah, saw that. But CFX600 is a lot cheaper, and should surely be good enough for ProRes? (well... less than 4K ProRes HQ that is, why not 4K ProRes HQ did it fail or just not tested yet?) Even though obviously not recommended for raw.

Comment

The CFX650 is on our recommended list for 4K ProRes HQ.

I've seen good results from the 256GB version so far, and have gotten 80fps RAW 3:1 and 105fps 4K ProRes HQ myself.

Can't comment on the CFX600 version.
            Blackmagic Design
            My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Comment

This could be one of those cases where the dual recording will help no? Presumably the CFX600 may well work all the way up to 120fps 4k RAW 3:1 with dual recording?
              Steve

Comment

Good news is the CFX650 128GBcard is now only $299 on B&H!

Comment

MSRP is $499, so 40% discount!

Comment

Yup. This is as cheap as the Wise "deal" (mistake) which everybody went nuts over (and they're not BMD approved!).

Comment

I think the wise cards are actually on the approved list. Or they were when I bought an extra one.

Comment

Yes, Wise cards are approved. That's why we bought them. Buy approved cards people. Shooting with these large files and high frame rates on the URSA makes it more imperative that the correctly tested media is used.

I see another Pocket Cam situation happening here with countless threads of "Hey, anyone try this card? I know it's not approved but what can it hurt"

EDIT: I do like the price of those 650 256GB cards. $549! That's less than we were paying for 128GB cards a few months ago. Good to hear your reports as well Hook.
                        Last edited by vicharris; 06-24-2015, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Don't count on ANY Transcend customer support if your card fails. Transcend= cheap, mediocre reliability product, with ZERO support. Had 4 separate SD cards failing within about 18 months. They (SD) were prone to failure in cold or heat. After probably 20 email attempts and about the same number of VM messages I just gave up. In comparison, when my Sandisk CF card failed, I had email response in 12 hours. Transcend= buy at your own risk. BTW, Sandisk sent a replacement within a week, never managed to get the money back or replacement from Transcend, even it was covered under their warranty.

Comment

Sober second thoughts. A three year warranty isn't much good if they just ignore you when you need the warranty honoured. I expect I'll stay with Lexar 3400x 256GB as they reportedly work well with BMD's raw. And they answer my emails promptly.

I wish Andrew Chan had an answer for me but it appears he ignores me; his staff are very nice though.

Comment

Just an update for people interested in the transcend cards.
                              They were released on 15th of July and you can find them online at B&H (the CFX650 versions). However as well as IronFilm I was only interested in the cheaper CFX600 range. I couldnt find them online, I was emailing loads of retailers in the UK and US and I just got a reply from Transcend Sales Department saying their line-up of Cfast cards has changed and they only offer the CFX650 range now. Its a great shame, However I was told amazon will be selling them within the next few weeks; which means cheaper shipping.

Comment

Working...
                              X