URSA Accessories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URSA Accessories

Hey guys I am in the market to purchase a big boy URSA and I wanted to share my accessory list and get your opinion. Also I would like to know what ND filters and IR filters I should purchase for the new sensor.

Here is my BH wish list.

https://secure.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/...&li=8116824229

I already own a matte box with the option for 4x4 filters so I want to get some filters as well. What ever you guys think would be the best filters I would love to hear. Thanks!

Unless you plan to put the camera on your shoulder, you do not need the Zacuto Uinv. Base plate, as URSA has built in rod holder and has a VCT mount on bottom, ready for the Zacuto VCT tripod mount.

If you want a shoulder rig, you might consider the URSA Mini 4.6K instead.

Comment

The mini is so much more practical when you consider what you'll need to run it. A bigger tripod is the first step. Forget most sliders and jibs which must be huge to support all that weight. But for studio work and a decent working crew, I see the value.

Comment

I like the option of the shoulder rig even if its a heavy camera there are always times I need to get off the tripod and grab a quick interview. I have a very large manfrotto tripod that can support up 45lbs so I should be good. I have a rhino slider but that will only be used with my production camera 4k. Our jib operator owns a professional jib so it will be fine for jib shoots. I think I am going to build my own dolly in the near future. I do although need a case and filters.

Comment

I think I am going to pick up the Pelican 1624 case with the dividers.

Comment

I really am choosing the full URSA so I can just upgrade the sensor in the future.

Comment

They're all valid reasons for sure. I really like a lot more aspects of the bigger ursa myself. Im thinking I'll regret it once I gotta lug it around. I have the mini on order though that could change before July. I'm wondering if the orgional combo of Hoyas with the ir cut filter will work as good on the new ursas. If I'm correct the latest consensus was the Hoyas with an Ir filter.

Comment

Checked out your B&H wish list...having just bought an Ursa myself I've been through a few rounds of accessory lists myself. I noticed you had (2) 256GB & (2) 128GB Lexars...from everything I've read and heard, the 256GB's perform better over all...maybe consider 3 of 256GB's rather than the 2 128's...they're going to fill up pretty fast and seem to be slower than the 256's.

I purchased some firequest filters (IR cut, ND's & polarizers)....and I bought that same Tiffen filter case....and I'm sending it back. The round filters fit fine but the velcro closure sits too high and doesn't close tight...there's a huge gaping hole and the filters can slide around.

I also picked up a Kessler Cine slider (travelers size) with the low profile ball head...and it handles the weight like a charm.

As far as cases, I went with the Pelican 1610 with the foam, it's the same model this guys uses for his cases http://www.jasoncases.com/store/prod...e-red-overlay/

Comment

That case is awesome if you check out the 1624 Noah from ursacam.com he uses the original Ursa case inside the 1624 and it fits perfectly with other accessory pockets its awesome.

Comment

cool . I liked it

Comment

Good god don't turn this into an URSA vs URSA Min thread again. We have enough of those.

I just bought an URSA and it will be here Friday. I used Kholis and I'd drop that overpriced shoulder piece. I threw it up on my shoulder with a shirt under it. It was fine. I'm going to purchase one of those should pad slings to use. Last thing you want to do is add more height to this camera for shoulder work.

Though it's heavy, I really liked how it felt on my shoulder. Total control and very steady. I've missed that. Yes you don't want to hang out with it up there but we're in Alexa weight now so it's a different ballgame but that's why we're buying these cameras right?

Also that case is perfect like you said. Ordering one myself.

EDIT: Also drop that VMount kit and Charger. Way too much. I'll link you to a setup I've been using for over a year and a half with zero problems. Just grab the VMount plate.

Comment

Originally posted by caleb_camera View Post
                        That case is awesome if you check out the 1624 Noah from ursacam.com he uses the original Ursa case inside the 1624 and it fits perfectly with other accessory pockets its awesome.

The Ursa's aren't shipping with that same black rubber-ish packing he referenced in his video anymore. I just got mine last week and it comes packed in a white styrofoam-ish insert. It still may work for you though. It feels fairly tough but I'm not sure how it would hold up. I opted for the smaller 1610 with the foam.

Comment

Dissapointing to hear about the way the new ones ship. I guess mine was from the old batch and the black rubber padding fits perfect in my kata one man bag!

Comment

Originally posted by robmneilson View Post
                            Dissapointing to hear about the way the new ones ship. I guess mine was from the old batch and the black rubber padding fits perfect in my kata one man bag!
                            Yeah I guess that black rubber insert was the extra $1K

Comment

Working...
                            X