No announcement yet.

Can't update Black Magic Cinema camera MFT "No desktop Video Device Detected"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't update Black Magic Cinema camera MFT "No desktop Video Device Detected"

So, I haven't used my BMC in over a year due to some personal issues and hiatus from film work, so I never made any software updates to my cam and learning you can format SSd's in cam seems like a god send as I always had trouble with the cam not recognizing the ssd's after formatting without changing the volume label letter for some reason.

Anyway - I downloaded the black magic desktop utility 2.3 and plugged up my camera with a mini usb cable and windows recognizes the device correctly, but all I get in the desktop video utility is "No desktop video device detected." Any idea's guy? I really want to update the cam. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted my computer, tried different usb 2.0 and 3.0 slots and the software will not see the camera.

Thanks in advance guys.

You've downloaded the wrong software. Here's the link: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/sup...sional-cameras

Scroll down to latest downloads.

Here's a guide on how to update your camera: http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/vi...hp?f=2&t=28413

Comment

That's exactly what I downloaded...Do I need to download a different version and not 2.3 for some reason?

Comment

Older version made no difference....same issue. Any ideas?

Comment

Try a different PC
          Darren Scott
          Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

Originally posted by Logan Myers View Post
            all I get in the desktop video utility is "No desktop video device detected."
            What are you trying to get the desktop video utility to do?
            You want to run the Blackmagic Camera Setup app to update the camera.
            Blackmagic Design
            My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Comment

Tried my older PC and same thing. Yes, The software of this cam has never been updated since it was purchased and I want to be able to format the card inside the cam etc. This is driving me crazy. I know the port on the cam and the cable are good as windows detects the camera, but the black magic software says I have nothing connected.

Comment

Which app are you running, the desktop video utility or the camera setup app ?
                Blackmagic Design
                My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Comment

Desktop Video Utility like stated in my original post. What is the camera software app? SHould I download that instead for some reason?

Comment

For some reason all of sudden it has detected the camera after the 100'th time. Thank god and thanks for your suggestions guys. This didn't make any sense to me.

Comment

Working...
                    X