Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any issues sharing SD cards between pocket camera and gh4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any issues sharing SD cards between pocket camera and gh4?

Hi guys, I rented a gh4 for some slow motion stuff later this week. I was just going to use the SanDisk Extreme 95mb cards that I use in my pocket, in the gh4. As long as I format first thing every time I put in each respective camera, I shouldn't have any issues, correct?

Anyone use both and have 1st hand experience ?
    Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, GoPro Hero4 Black, Mavic Air, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

I would always use SDFormatter to format SD cards. This will always guarantee a proper format.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

Comment

I use SDFormatter to format between two different cameras and no problems so far.

Comment

Sweet, thanks guys. I've never heard of SDFormatter but I'll give it a shot.
        Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, GoPro Hero4 Black, Mavic Air, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

Comment

I did it a month ago and even had a GH2 in the mix. Each camera needs you to format the card when you put it in. No problem.

Comment

If you're running a BMD firmware that allows you to format your cards in camera then you don't need an external application to do it for you. Just be sure to format the cards in camera before you start recording and you'll be fine.

Comment

Cool deal. That's much more convenient.

Comment

No problems whatsoever sharing cards between cameras provided you format them in camera first. I regularly use my Sandisks in both my G6 and my BMPCC and just format them in camera. They work absolutely fine.
                -|- BMPCC - GH2 - G6 -|- Tascam DR40 - HTDZ 320a - Rode Videomic - Shure PG58 - Azden EX503 -|-
                My Business

Comment

Working...
                X