Ursa 4.6k major vs. Ursa 4.6k mini

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rizibo View Post
    I see most are interested in the mini and less are interested in the major. I am interested in making a theatrical comedy film about 2.5 hours long. I think the major is more appealing to me because it has higher frame rates, interchangeable lens mount and sensor. The bigger monitor and extra scopes and the ability to load luts in the camera is also nice. The only down side is the 10 pound weight difference. I would probably use a stedicam for tracking shots for either camera. The length, width and height of the major is not more than a few inches in each dimension. The major is giving a lot more features for only $2000 more. I am putting my money down for the major. Is there any down side to this? Which of these two cameras do you guys like and why?
    I don't really understand this!!! ... why are you trying to choose BETWEEN this TWO cameras, when you MUST to get BOTH of them!! ???

Even we planning to shoot not more then short narratives in our new Studio, I cannot imagine how it possible to do REAL FILMING without 3, or at list 2 cameras! ..
    and, as I understand - for serious film production better to have 4-6 cameras....
    I have BMPK 4K, so, I ordered "URSAFastChlid4.6K" for myself a few days ago, .. and will push Studio owner to order "BigBenURSA4.6K" ....so in FILMING I planing to use "BigBenURSA4.6K" to shoot in STEADY condition with HUGE TRIPOD, on Big Dolly, on CRANE/JIB and any other situation where BIG, MASSIVE CAMERA give you MUCH BETTER STABILITY and precise movement !!!, ... and "URSAFastChlid4.6K" will be better in any situation to shoot in SMALL AREAS and when you need camera ON SHOULDER RIG!!! .. While my BMPK 4K will be perfectly feet on my DJI Ronin ...or on Steadicam!
    ..don't you see - this is logical..? ( ..even my English is not good at all..)

Comment

Originally posted by SergeSmArt View Post
      I don't really understand this!!! ... why are you trying to choose BETWEEN this TWO cameras, when you MUST to get BOTH of them!! ???

Even we planning to shoot not more then short narratives in our new Studio, I cannot imagine how it possible to do REAL FILMING without 3, or at list 2 cameras! ..
      and, as I understand - for serious film production better to have 4-6 cameras....
      I have BMPK 4K, so, I ordered "URSAFastChlid4.6K" for myself a few days ago, .. and will push Studio owner to order "BigBenURSA4.6K" ....so in FILMING I planing to use "BigBenURSA4.6K" to shoot in STEADY condition with HUGE TRIPOD, on Big Dolly, on CRANE/JIB and any other situation where BIG, MASSIVE CAMERA give you MUCH BETTER STABILITY and precise movement !!!, ... and "URSAFastChlid4.6K" will be better in any situation to shoot in SMALL AREAS and when you need camera ON SHOULDER RIG!!! .. While my BMPK 4K will be perfectly feet on my DJI Ronin ...or on Steadicam!
      ..don't you see - this is logical..? ( ..even my English is not good at all..)

You are right Sergesmart. Ideally multiple cameras are better for different situations. Unfortunately this requires much more cost. My plan is to use the big Ursa 4.6 as my A camera and the fs700 with the odyssey 7q+ for low light shots and slow motion with faster frame rates than the Ursa. I have two low cost solutions for the tripod and steadicam for these cameras. I have an O'Connor 100 head with sticks which anyone can buy for a relatively low price on eBay. Also this steadicam by came-TV is able to handle the weight of the big Ursa: http://www.came-tv.com/came-2515kg-l...evs37h2bo7rrf2

Let me know if this strategy is incorrect
      Last edited by rizibo; 04-25-2015, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
      X