• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by innerspark View Post
    *cough* Kholi *cough*

ahem....

Excuse me.
    As soon as we're allowed to! Hahaha

I'm on two or three hours of sleep right now. Espresso not playing around.

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
    Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

Comment

• https://twitter.com/kholih/status/658928459276660736

Comment

• Originally posted by Kholi View Post
        As soon as we're allowed to! Hahaha

I'm on two or three hours of sleep right now. Espresso not playing around.
        could you tell us when that is?
        www.lightformfilm.com
        https://vimeo.com/suwanchote

follow me on instagram @lightformfilm

Comment

• Why 24.000 FPS and not 23.976 Kholi?

Comment

• Wait, Kholi is testing out the 4.6K?! They'll give these things out to anybody. Next thing you know John Brawley and Tom Majerski will have them.

Comment

• I've just signed up for a Clinton Harn cinematography talk in my area supported by BMD. thinking they might have a Ursa Mini 4.6K set up there, since BMD has an office here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herb View Post
                Wait, Kholi is testing out the 4.6K?! They'll give these things out to anybody. Next thing you know John Brawley and Tom Majerski will have them.
                Right? I'm pretty sure the only requirement is to post a photo on Twitter and then say you can't talk about it...

I've emailed Blackmagic about sending one to me. I have 30 followers, so I think I have a pretty good shot.

I didn't actually email Blackmagic...
                Last edited by RyLo; 11-01-2015, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• Me too

Hopefully I get my personal one in time for my upcoming Halo short.
                  www.lightformfilm.com
                  https://vimeo.com/suwanchote

follow me on instagram @lightformfilm

Comment

• I think what I'm most curious about is the sensitivity and low-light improvement. Everything else seems like an easy win so far. We'll see where it lands!

Comment

• What do we think then ? Should we not post anything about the fact that cameras are being tested ? Better not to know ?

I get it and I know it's frustrating. But onve the camera is shipping you can bet there's going to be a ton of free advice from those that have used it and gone before you. Maybe it's worth being a little less dispiriting ?

I haven't really delved deep into low light yet, but my instincts say it will be marginally improved on the existing 2.5k.

Noise is better and the 4.6k res also helps reduce the perception of noise too.

jb

Comment

• Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
                        What do we think then ? Should we not post anything about the fact that cameras are being tested ? Better not to know ?

I get it and I know it's frustrating. But onve the camera is shipping you can bet there's going to be a ton of free advice from those that have used it and gone before you. Maybe it's worth being a little less dispiriting ?
                        Complain if you do. Complain if you don't. There's a whole lot of first world problems out there, that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
                          What do we think then ? Should we not post anything about the fact that cameras are being tested ? Better not to know ?

I haven't really delved deep into low light yet, but my instincts say it will be marginally improved on the existing 2.5k.

Noise is better and the 4.6k res also helps reduce the perception of noise too.

jb
                          If this is to me, I was only joking John. I obviously appreciate what you guys are doing. I think we all do. We're all just a bit jealous

Comment

• All I want is Low light, I don't care how it looks in the day time because we already know it's going to look good. Show us something BMD cameras typically can't do well that this model exceeds at this time around. Not A7S low light we all know that but I'd really like low light capabilities that match using the BMCC/BMPCC with a speedbooster on a f1.2 lens if you get my drift since we can't use a speedbooster on this camera .

And no FPN would be nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjamerson View Post
                              All I want is Low light... I'd really like low light capabilities that match using the BMCC/BMPCC with a speedbooster on a f1.2 lens if you get my drift since we can't use a speedbooster on this camera .
                              Both have 800 as the native ISO, both may max out at 1600 ISO. the sensor has been described by CaptainHook as looking like about one stop greater latitude in the highs and the lows in rolling shutter. Doing the math, it can't quite match the BMCC MFT with Speed Booster since that Spoed Booster is 0.64x 1 ⅓ stops. Further from the BMPCC with Speed Booster 0.68x 1 ⅔ stops.

But the advantage is that the 4.6K sensor noise will look better and you get that 15 stops even in a low light situation so your highlights are likely going to hold better than the BMCC and BMPCC. Low light scenes still need light and how it manages the ceiling in a scene can be just as important as the floor. As you say, it's not the A7s, so it's not that magical, but perhaps you'll be the judge of its efficacy on the whole image latitude.

Comment

• Originally posted by rick.lang View Post
                                Both have 800 as the native ISO, both may max out at 1600 ISO. the sensor has been described by CaptainHook as looking like about one stop greater latitude in the highs and the lows in rolling shutter. Doing the math, it can't quite match the BMCC MFT with Speed Booster since that Spoed Booster is 0.64x 1 ⅓ stops. Further from the BMPCC with Speed Booster 0.68x 1 ⅔ stops.

But the advantage is that the 4.6K sensor noise will look better and you get that 15 stops even in a low light situation so your highlights are likely going to hold better than the BMCC and BMPCC. Low light scenes still need light and how it manages the ceiling in a scene can be just as important as the floor. As you say, it's not the A7s, so it's not that magical, but perhaps you'll be the judge of its efficacy on the whole image latitude.
                                Science!
                                Cameras: Blackmagic Cinema Camera, Blackmagic Pocket Camera (x2), Panasonic GH2 (x2), Sony RX100 ii, Canon 6D, Canon T2i,
                                Mics: Sennheiser, AKG, Shure, Sanken, Audio-Technica, Audix
                                Lights: Every Chinese clone you can imagine

Comment

Working...
                                X