No announcement yet.

new blackmagic 5" monitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is there any info about things like peaking (especially) and false color?

From my understanding it's possible to play out the peaking of the pocket (e.g.) and have it on the screen, but this would render the recording function useless.

Quite strange that there is no mentioning of functionalities like these kind of things. 1080p is great, but lacking some kind of peaking while recording is kind of a deal breaker.

Comment

Originally posted by Dezeal View Post
      The screen has a wide 135 viewing angle, which means it’s easy to see
      135 viewing angle is pretty bad. It's got to be a crappy TN panel.

Those screenshots on the Blackmagic website have to be photoshopped.
      Last edited by blommer; 04-13-2015, 02:14 PM.

Comment

No false colour or peaking?

Comment

Any idea whether or not this monitor can paint the micro studio cam, this photo seems to indicate it may be possible. Could be cool for those wanting micro cams without having to go down the atem road.

intro.jpg

Comment

No false color... as for peaking, BM camera's have it... and yeah im assuming the LCD sucks... but since the competition has no 1080p screen at that price, let alone a recorder that lets me use my SD cards, im not complaining.

Maybe the Video Device's PIX-E5H HDMI 4K ProresHQ 5" 1080p, 441ppi, 500nits, 1000:1, 179* Angle of View, IPS, Gorrila Glass 2, False Color - 4/12steps, Zebras 1/2, Waveforms - Luma/RGB, Vectorscope, Histogram, LUTs, 4-way view, guide markers, Prores Proxy-HQ, HD up to 60fps, UHD up to 30 fps, 4K up to 24fps and more.... for $1,195 is better for some of you.

Comment

Nice use of words here: http://cinescopophilia.com/nab-2015-...-slays-ninjas/

It's got a nickname: Ninja Slayer!

Comment

I plan on getting it for the Pocket if I don't buy the Micro as well. Been thinking of getting an arm I could attach to a Video Monopod, so I can attach a screen like that to it.

Comment

Originally posted by SalvatoreCastellana View Post
                  Looks great as monitor and back up for my pocket! do you know if this could work with Dslr like my old CanonT2i?
                  The t2i doesn't have clean hdmi out, so you wouldn't record off of it, but the monitoring should work fine.

Comment

Originally posted by toepack24 View Post
                    No false color... as for peaking, BM camera's have it... and yeah im assuming the LCD sucks... but since the competition has no 1080p screen at that price, let alone a recorder that lets me use my SD cards, im not complaining.
                    I'm not complaining by any means, but since they manage to include peaking in every single camera, they might have just included it in the firmware.

If that's really the status quo and there's no way to see peaking (and record at the same time), I'm figuring I'll just wait for the update

Comment

Look like a poor man's NInja Blade. The SD card recording is rather meaningless. External recorder has to be high capacity.

Comment

Is the no peaking confirmed?
                        Deal-breaker for me if it is.
                        Youtube
                        Videos, Tests, Tutorials, Reviews and so on : https://www.youtube.com/user/mattiasburling

Comment

wow..

Comment

Originally posted by Nisse-Tuta View Post
                            Is the no peaking confirmed?
                            Deal-breaker for me if it is.
                            Not confirmed, but it doesn't say anything about peaking either.

Quite sad, yeah.

Comment

No peaking puts it in a weird place. Since BM cameras have peaking it will work ok for monitoring, but if you plan to to dual or external recordings, you will have to switch the peaking off every time before a shot, otherwise peaking will be recorded over the externally recorded footage (at least that's what happens with the Blade).
                              Last edited by jpblack; 04-14-2015, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Posted this in anther thread then realized I probably should have asked here.

One thing I'm waiting for is more info on viewing options. Captain Hook posted some interesting details about how the new EVF is capable of processing the Ursa signal. Edited by me for clarity. No words changed.

Originally posted by CaptainHook View Post
                                EVF has false colour in it (Wahoo!). If you're at NAB, check it out. Its in the EVF menus or you can assign it (or other functions) to one of the 3 buttons on the EVF.

The overlays/frame guides and Film2Video are actually done in the EVF itself (as in generated).

Set zebras on the camera to 80%, and again the EVF displays them as that. Because of that, you would turn off your overlays/guides/zebras on the front SDI out with our EVF, and also turn off the Film2Video conversion and let the EVF take care of it.

This way, zebras and false colour etc are calculated from the log image rather than 709, but you still get to look at 709 in the EVF and have all the monitoring guides/overlays/etc.
                                Wondering how many of these features will find their way into the Video Assist?

Comment

Working...
                                X