BMCC 2.5k Teardown and Rebuild!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian@202020 View Post
    Very nice! I'd like to know how much it'd cost for you to do this to mine.
    +1

Comment

You're going to print the body out of PLA or ABS? I'm not super into the maker world but I know a little, this is a job for desktop CNC. You might try and get in touch with danielschweinert on this forum he's got access to a desktop CNC setup, all of his stuff looks seriously pro. Your render is beautiful, it would be a crime to print it.

Comment

Originally posted by Howie Roll View Post
        You're going to print the body out of PLA or ABS? I'm not super into the maker world but I know a little, this is a job for desktop CNC. You might try and get in touch with danielschweinert on this forum he's got access to a desktop CNC setup, all of his stuff looks seriously pro. Your render is beautiful, it would be a crime to print it.

Howie,

I'm going to print the body out of ASA, once I got deep into this project I knew I'd need a way to print for cheap. I don't have tons of money so I did 'trade work' with a professional 3D company here in Seattle called Pro3dComposites.
        http://pro3dcomposites.com/materials/asa/

We agreed on printing my camera body for free if I'd make them a commercial for their web-site. So I'm kind of stuck with the best they can offer me from the 3D printing world. I'm happy with the quality as the first prototype they printed me was ABS
        and that was quite good, ASA is supposed to be even better. I originally wanted CARBON FIBER lol if you watched my first video. lol Maybe someday...

Here is the commercial I finished for them: (with the prototype printed camera)
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOGZJmRtyyQ

Comment

Vursa Mini 03 by Davi Silveira, on Flickr

Vursa Mini 02 by Davi Silveira, on Flickr

Vursa Mini 01 by Davi Silveira, on Flickr

Comment

Bravo! What I like even better is that you were able to work a great trade... Love it!

Comment

And there we have it folks...an Ursa mini .Least you have your hands on one

Nice job man.
              Darren Scott
              Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

Awesome. Come on man how much for parts and labor?

Comment

Incredible work! Wow, what a journey!
                  director reel

11 Blocks, debut feature on Netflix

Comment

I wish I could, but I'm not a business... this was never meant to be a mass production deal. I'm sorry, it's a very risky deal. It's not very expensive in money but I've spent two years on and off working on this. If you are really interested email me we can talk further. www.davi-silveira.com

Comment

Well done Davi - you're now the proud owner of a camera to make many of us jealous. I'd really like to a see BM make a an URSA mini with 2.5k sensor - and you've beat them to it.

Just a quick question - what was your reasoning for putting the screen on that side of the camera?

Comment

Originally posted by trispembo View Post
                        Just a quick question - what was your reasoning for putting the screen on that side of the camera?
                        Well I had no other place to put it but originally it was my thought from other concept arts I had researched to put it on the side.

Comment

Last video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2_rLbU7qvLI

Enjoy, if anyone has questions shoot me an email.

Comment

Outstanding job, Davi. What a journey you've taken us on! Nice you saw it through to completion.

Now, on to marketing strategies!

Comment

Guys!!

I've made a blog on my personal site you can register and share your own cinema content. Feel free to explore, I built it myself with Django/Python HTML/CSS! I've been learning python on the side, hope to incorporate it with video someday.
                              http://www.davi-silveira.com/blog/

Thanks for all the encouraging words years ago when I built this crazy 3D camera.

Comment

Working...
                              X