X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are some updated Pictures!

IMG_20150730_103002 by Davi Silveira, on Flickr

IMG_20150810_213338 by Davi Silveira, on Flickr

Working on a video to show how I built this new camera.

Comment

you made an ursa mini!

Comment

Very nice. How I wish someone would take on building a mini ursa like body/housing conversion for the BMPCC. I think over time and as BMD phase out the BMPCC, there would be some opportunity for having an ENG style housing for it. There was a company in China that showed something like that for the BMCC and BMPCC at 2013 NAB but I have lost track of them. More power to your adventure!

Comment

Originally posted by EYu View Post
          Very nice. How I wish someone would take on building a mini ursa like body/housing conversion for the BMPCC. I think over time and as BMD phase out the BMPCC, there would be some opportunity for having an ENG style housing for it. There was a company in China that showed something like that for the BMCC and BMPCC at 2013 NAB but I have lost track of them. More power to your adventure!

This body is the very first prototype. I'm working on the second model now which will be better esthetically and functionally. I'll be adding 2 balanced XLR's and an SDI splitter. The shape will be a bit shorter and a little longer actually. I was going for a Ursa mini shape, before I knew they were making an Ursa mini lol! In the beginning of this project the Ursa mini had not even been announced yet. BTW the company that upgraded the BMCC was Kine RAW. They did something called Kinefinity+ which for 1500 or something you could ship your camera to China and they would add HDMI, Battery holsters, and remote control. That company and a few artistic designs I found on the BMCC were what inspired me to do this project. Thanks for the comment.

Comment

And of course now KineFinity have gone on to make their own cameras!
            https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

Comment

Well, it's finished. The new print is ready, the prototype has been used and abused, now I'm ready for the final version. Here is my latest print. I'll be showing pictures soon. Effectively my beloved BMCC 2.5k MFT is now a Ursa mini of sorts or as I like to call it. Vursa mini!

SpaceClaim.363 by Davi Silveira, on Flickr

Thanks for all of the support!

Comment

This is incredible! Great work!! I'm willing to bet some folks would pay you to do the mod on their camera

Comment

Originally posted by Davi View Post
                  Well, it's finished. The new print is ready, the prototype has been used and abused, now I'm ready for the final version. Here is my latest print. I'll be showing pictures soon. Effectively my beloved BMCC 2.5k MFT is now a Ursa mini of sorts or as I like to call it. Vursa mini!

SpaceClaim.363 by Davi Silveira, on Flickr

Thanks for all of the support!
                  Wow, you made it floatable as well, nice thinking. Some hoverboard technology well applied there.

All kidding aside, good job and very nice project

Comment

Originally posted by ty_lowcountry View Post
                    This is incredible! Great work!! I'm willing to bet some folks would pay you to do the mod on their camera
                    I'd be one of these people! And I'm dead serious.

Comment

That final render looks very cool.
                      Darren Scott
                      Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

Man that looks good.

Comment

Very nice! I'd like to know how much it'd cost for you to do this to mine.

Comment

Originally posted by ty_lowcountry View Post
                            that would be something huh.. truth is I've thought about that in the very beginning but now after all of the work I've put into this I would not even know where to begin pricing. Although, the hard part is over, and if I wanted to do it again I could and it would be much easier. I'll keep it in mind. (but there is one part that I need to figure out and that is how to buy the huge connector cable that connects the PCB to the sensor. I've acquired two but I was actually never able to buy them, I got free samples which is fine for my little project but if I start doing more of these I'll need to find a way to purchase them lol)

I'll post a video once I assembled the whole camera together, I still need to make sure it all fits properly. In 3D printing world sometimes it takes a few prints before it's perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by jambredz View Post
                              That final render looks very cool.
                              Thanks Darren

Comment

This is really, really cool. Nice work!

Comment

Working...
                                X