Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Kamerar SLD-230 mkii Slider Dolly

Hey,
    I'm trying out a new slider the SLD-230/w mkii.
    I've earlier used a Konova K2 which is nice. But I find it a bit to long, flexible and hard to clean.
    This slider has none of those problems.

The bearings are on the outside for easier access when cleaning. It's shorter and lighter. The Konova bends under a t3i but this stood up to my BMPC4K in a steel cage.

The wheels are fun as well.

I will post a full review shortly but so far I'm very pleased.
    Let me know if there is any questions or something you want me to add to the review.

Here is an unboxing and demo.

Last edited by Nisse-Tuta; 02-21-2015, 01:29 PM.
    Youtube
    Videos, Tests, Tutorials, Reviews and so on : https://www.youtube.com/user/mattiasburling

Now that's how you do an unboxing video
    I'm tired of needlessly long, unedited videos with voiceovers telling you obvious things like "So here's the box it came in."
    This one was quick, showed only what needed to be shown, and the small demo at the end was a nice touch.

Comment

Looking good.

I've found Kamerar products to be universally very well made for the cost. Their friction slider is not very good because no friction slider can be very good compared to bearings, but it's very sturdy with good materials and finishing and did the job well enough for the price. I'm sure this new model is better and an excellent value.
      telecinese.com twitter vimeo

Comment

Yeah, bearings is the way to go. And I really like them on the outside. Cleaning my Konova is just a pain.
        Youtube
        Videos, Tests, Tutorials, Reviews and so on : https://www.youtube.com/user/mattiasburling

Comment

KAMERAR SLD- 230 MARK II 23" DSLR VIDEO CAMERA SLIDER VIDEO STABILIZER SYSTEM https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00R1TRU1K..._dhq3ub1CESW10

Is that the same slider minus the skater wheels?

Comment

signs-point-to-yes.jpg
            telecinese.com twitter vimeo

Comment

Looks like it, the wheels are fun but I would buy without if it saved some pennies.
              Youtube

Comment

Hav been way to busy to make a proper review, but I honestly like the slider so I just grabbed som quick shots and put one together.
                IMO its an upgrade from my Konova and Im more likely to bring it since its smaller.

Youtube

Comment

Your reviews are AWESOME! I've been watching your videos since the first day I started shopping for a pocket, and I'm
                  Impressed! I was looking at a Konova, but I think you may have swayed me..

Comment

Originally posted by bigwidge View Post
                    Your reviews are AWESOME! I've been watching your videos since the first day I started shopping for a pocket, and I'm
                    Impressed! I was looking at a Konova, but I think you may have swayed me..
                    Thanks,
                    I currently have both the Konova ans Kamerar and if I could only choose one it would be the Kamerar. At least for my needs it makes more sence.
                    Youtube

Comment

Okay, this may be a dumb question, but I got this slider a few weeks ago and am just now playing with it. How the heck do you screw a tripod head onto it? When I try to screw the head down (righty tighty) the screw on the dolly plate also turns right and screws back down into the platform.
                      Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, GoPro Hero4 Black, Mavic Air, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallbaker View Post
                        Okay, this may be a dumb question, but I got this slider a few weeks ago and am just now playing with it. How the heck do you screw a tripod head onto it? When I try to screw the head down (righty tighty) the screw on the dolly plate also turns right and screws back down into the platform.
                        Align the carriage with the center 3/4 thread, you have a clear shot to tighten up the center screw with an allen key

I just got mine. Was looking for something that fit in a backpack that would be good for low profile shooting and able to fit on a single set of sticks without much fuss. Fits the bill well, and the pulley is rather brilliant! Not bad at all for the price!

Comment

Thanks Nox, that seems to work well enough. No matter what size allen key I try it feels like its stripped out. However, if I press an allen in there and hold it tight, I'm able to screw on a ball head at least.
                          Ursa 4.6k, Pocket Cinema 4k, BMCC, GoPro Hero4 Black, Mavic Air, Phantom 2, Canon T3i, Lots of glass.

Comment

Get some Loctite blue threadlocker, it works wonders for things like this and can be removed if desired. I immediately got tired of the adaptor piece coming off on whatever head I put it on, could easily see losing it in the field, dabbed some Loctite on there and it's not going anywhere now

Comment

Working...
                            X