Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a Rig and follow focus that won't make get several loans to pay off.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Rig and follow focus that won't make get several loans to pay off.

I am currently looking for a good rig and follow focus for a BMC. I've looked at Shape, Red Rock and Zacuto. Zacuto's follow focus is 1,300 dollars. Is there any Follow Focus for Less and what is the Best Rig?

Originally posted by AMCMMedia View Post
    I am currently looking for a good rig and follow focus for a BMC. I've looked at Shape, Red Rock and Zacuto. Zacuto's follow focus is 1,300 dollars. Is there any Follow Focus for Less and what is the Best Rig?
    I use http://www.shoot35.com/products/dslr...kageframe.html

Good price and works very well.

Comment

We've got a bunch of Tilta gear and like it. Seems to potentially be built closer in quality to the more expensive stuff out there, just for less money.

Comment

i have the cheesycam designed(?)/endorsed cage for dslr's and it was a steal ($79). they have a rod attachment for $50 and claim to be working on a bmc version of the cage. there are a few ultra-cheap follow focus set ups available on ebay, but i have no experience with them...could be pretty dodgy for something that needs a good deal of precision.

Comment

I have limited experience with follow focus, but I don't like the universal gear bands that go around the lens like a zip tie and tighten with a screw. The end flops around and can get stuck. Maybe as a back-up in a pinch

Comment

Buy the shoot35... it's a primo quality and worth every penny!!!

Comment

I've got one of those TrusMT follow focuses. It's good for the price...I was cursing at it a bit today, but I find I curse at all follow focuses that are not named Arri or O'Connor for the most part.

Comment

look up gini rigs on ebay. Absolutely the best bang for the buck.
                Toby Angwin - Director/Compositor
                Twitter Vimeo
                http://www.soupkitchenfilms.net
                BMMCC Veydras
                Smallrig, Letus & Ergocine support

Comment

Originally posted by soupkitchen View Post
                  look up gini rigs on ebay. Absolutely the best bang for the buck.
                  Yes...mine has served me well with my 7D for over two years now. It has traveled the world in a Pelican case and only requires occasional tightening up with the right sized allen wrench. Fine affordable 15mm kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve4505 View Post
                    I have limited experience with follow focus, but I don't like the universal gear bands that go around the lens like a zip tie and tighten with a screw. The end flops around and can get stuck. Maybe as a back-up in a pinch
                    For stills lenses .. no floppy bit http://www.halfinchrails.com/rigs-an...ie-focus-gears

Comment

Tilta or Gini rigs...

Comment

+1 for what Hamiltion11 just said.

In other news, has anyone used the Cinematics matte box? Any thoughts?
                        Director, occasional DP, nerd
                        www.martinscanlan.com

Comment

I'm very happy with my Gini.

Comment

I'm pretty happy with the Cavision Basic Mini follow focus. It has a relatively small knob but the gear can be mounted on either side or switched out for a different ratio gear, and it can drop right onto rods and has an adjustable indicator. For $260 its quite good, nice solid build. And they have them at B&H so you don't have to order them from other countries.

Comment

I like that Bebob pretty much - lightwight but rock solid.

wald.jpg
                              Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X