Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firmware 1.7 vs. 1.8 vs. 1.9

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    It is remarkable to me that "Show us your Pocket Camera Rig" gets more response than these problematic threads. How lame is that? What good is how the camera looks if it can't perform?

    Comment


    • #17
      Maybe it's performing well, or as expected for the majority.
      I have zero to complain about for example.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by chrisso View Post
        Maybe it's performing well, or as expected for the majority.
        I have zero to complain about for example.
        As I said, I haven't either - but several who also had no problems have unexpectedly experienced them. It's starting to look like the reaction to ebola - ignore it and it'll go away. I want to know, because my current professional existence depends on it (certainly more than how my camera looks) how many people have had problems, and what the circumstances were - detailed. I have had "zero" response to that request.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by jambredz View Post
          Haven't had any probs with mine.
          You have the BMCC EF mount right, Darren? Have you been formatting EX-FAT or MAC OS?

          Comment


          • #20
            i've done a whole wedding this weekend, my main camera bmpcc firmware 1.9.7 and no problem so far, all files was in their places
            sandisk 128 and 64 /45mbs hfs+ used
            shoot in prores only

            Comment


            • #21
              Good to hear. I shot two hours of tests yesterday with both cameras and no problems either. Today it's for real, no more testing. I'll probably shoot two - three hours of ProRes422 today, I'll let you know how it goes.

              Comment


              • #22
                No problems here with our EF 2.5 and Pocket, both running the latest update.

                @Mac, 3 hours on the pocket last night shooting a show without a problem.
                Last edited by Marckusw; 10-27-2014, 07:47 AM. Reason: add information

                Comment


                • #23
                  Dang. I just updated my BMCC EF mount to 1.98 and am having the exact same issues as Halsu. Two-tone images, no menus, no buttons work (not even the power button on mine). I can't shut it off (although the screen has now cut off but the fan is still running) so I'm currently running out the internal battery so as to try a restart with the power adapter. I will search around for more info but I may have to downgrade, as well.

                  Originally posted by Halsu View Post
                  I have had rather severe problems with the latest firmwares, on my BMCC EF mount. The camera could randomly go haywire, to an almost bricked state. The image looks like a two-tone effect: bright lights are full white, everything else is full black. And all the menus are gone. Buttons won't work, except for the power button. This happened on 1.8X a few times, but almost constantly on 1.9X. After boot, there was a 10% chance for it turning on properly and working again, but 90% of the time it booted to "failure mode".

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    I just finished two days of intense shooting, all in elementary schools, Kindergarten and third, for a documentary on improving education. Well over 150 clips, maybe over 250, haven't counted yet. No file issues and no dropped frames (although I did get the dreaded blinking record prompt once).

                    Two Pocket cams, firmware 1.9.3, SanDisk Extreme Pros 64s, Mac formatted, ProRes422, 29.98, Film Mode, 95% interiors, mild weather.

                    Two long (60 minute+) interviews tomorrow, although I'm an old film guy so I never record continuoously - stop between questions, which is regularly.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      I should have added all my current problems are with raw. I don't shoot prores so I can't speak for that side.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        I think that the vertical lines/grid pattern problem, some people have started seeing in over and under exposed shots, may have been addressed in ver. 1.8 or 1.9. Has that improved for some people? Or is that just a total aberration/quality control thing?

                        Here is a video explaining what i am seeing sometimes:

                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euMHxNE1Qtw#t=115

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Halsu View Post
                          Yesterday, i again installed 1.98 firmware. This time, it seems to work just fine. Finger crossed. For the first shoots, i will keep a PC nearby with the 1.7 firmware set up and ready to install, just in case.
                          Did the first shoot with re-installed 1.98 last week. No problems so far.
                          http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1402300/
                          http://www.kolumbus.fi/erkki.halkka/cv.html

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X