AA filter software?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AA filter software?

Is there a good software that could makeup for the lack of an AA filter? I'm concerned about keying.

Look at the blue channel in JB's DNG files. You're not going to have any trouble keying those RAW files.

Comment

Originally posted by popcornflix View Post
      Look at the blue channel in JB's DNG files. You're not going to have any trouble keying those RAW files.
      You may very well have trouble keying them, depending on how the aliasing affects colored edges of high contrast.

A nice test would be some blonde hair or a lace veil or something like that, up against a greenscreen. Let's see what the reality is, before declaring that there will be no problems...

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Green View Post
        You may very well have trouble keying them, depending on how the aliasing affects colored edges of high contrast.

A nice test would be some blonde hair or a lace veil or something like that, up against a greenscreen. Let's see what the reality is, before declaring that there will be no problems...
        As soon as I read that part, I seriously felt myself having an anxiety attack thing. Really want to make me have a heart attack? Try dark hair, with a mix of colored highlights.

FFF I just got upset.

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
        Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

Comment

Originally posted by Kholi View Post
          As soon as I read that part, I seriously felt myself having an anxiety attack thing. Really want to make me have a heart attack? Try dark hair, with a mix of colored highlights.

FFF I just got upset.
          I'm not much of a post guy, so I don't know what the worst-case scenario is. I'm just imaging that the colored artifacts that show up on high-transition edges would be easily visible with white, but if you think it's more visible with dark, well, let's go with dark.

I just want to make sure people are making decisions based on facts, not on myth or assumptions, so -- if keying is a concern, let's get it keyed and see how it did!

Heck Kholi, hop a bus to Tennessee and get to doing some tests with MBeck!

Comment

Originally posted by Barry Green View Post
            I'm not much of a post guy, so I don't know what the worst-case scenario is. I'm just imaging that the colored artifacts that show up on high-transition edges would be easily visible with white, but if you think it's more visible with dark, well, let's go with dark.

I just want to make sure people are making decisions based on facts, not on myth or assumptions, so -- if keying is a concern, let's get it keyed and see how it did!

Heck Kholi, hop a bus to Tennessee and get to doing some tests with MBeck!
            How long would it take to ride a bus from LA to Tennessee? How bad would it smell? >.<

Dark hair (beauty lit) looks AWFUL when aliased. Outright awful, and when there are highlights it looks even worse. It tends to end up being represented as a wirey mess, so unappealing. Blonde hair, in my experience, is more forgiving. I think doing both hair types would be cool, and quick to do.

If I had a camera right now, the very first tests I would've done would be Keying a well lit green screen and a shoddily lit greenscreen, spill correction flexibility, and then old prime lenses, then the ProRes comparisons.

Comment

Originally posted by Kholi View Post
              How long would it take to ride a bus from LA to Tennessee? How bad would it smell? >.<
              At the start of the trip, or the end? Heh.

But if Michael was open to being invaded, I might be able to arrange a frequent-flyer plane ticket...

Comment

Michael: Do you have Goat Cheese in your city? Also, really good Lemonade.

Comment

If the keying is bad, I may not be able to get the camera. That was the main reason for me getting it in the first place. I am very concerned. I really wish there were some tests out there somewhere.

Comment

I don't think anyone's expecting the keying to be bad. All I'm saying is -- let's test it and find out what it actually does, and if the lack of OLPF will cause any issues. Maybe it'll be just fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X