Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zacuto Z Finder BMPCC = DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tclark513
    replied
    Originally posted by ns400r View Post
    I have the Zacuto and I have no problems with it. I have a Shape Cage and put the sticky mount on the cage. I have no reason to remove the camera from the cage and it works great. What works for one person doesn't always for another though!
    Believe me, I wish I could’ve used the Zacuto but I couldn't see the whole screen no matter what I did. So it was a no go!

Leave a comment:

• ns400r
    replied
    I have the Zacuto and I have no problems with it. I have a Shape Cage and put the sticky mount on the cage. I have no reason to remove the camera from the cage and it works great. What works for one person doesn't always for another though!

Leave a comment:

• tclark513
    replied
    Originally posted by EYu View Post
    I am looking at buying the Varavon Multifinder and the cage. I heard a lot of great things about it. Where can you get them in the USA besides ebay? I am having problems contacting them since they don't respond.
    I got mine from B&H.

Leave a comment:

• vicharris
    replied
    Originally posted by EYu View Post
    I am looking at buying the Varavon Multifinder and the cage. I heard a lot of great things about it. Where can you get them in the USA besides ebay? I am having problems contacting them since they don't respond.
    You should hop on over to Personal View. You might have to be a little active in the forum first but I always got great deals on Varavon stuff there. Ships really fast too.
    Last edited by vicharris; 09-09-2014, 09:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• EYu
    replied
    Originally posted by tclark513 View Post
    I did the same thing. Varavon is much better. I can actually see the whole screen. Imagine that.
    The only thing that kind of sucks is that when you use a cage to protect the camera it makes it a little difficult to line everything up.
    I use the View factor cage and I have to offset the Varivon to make room for the battery door. I need to move it over to the center but thread size is to big in the spot that i need so the camera is off center from the rest of my rig.

Leave a comment:

• tclark513
    replied
    Originally posted by mitchteller View Post
    I returned the Zacuto and bought a varavon multi..much better.
    I did the same thing. Varavon is much better. I can actually see the whole screen. Imagine that.
    The only thing that kind of sucks is that when you use a cage to protect the camera it makes it a little difficult to line everything up.
    I use the View factor cage and I have to offset the Varivon to make room for the battery door. I need to move it over to the center but thread size is to big in the spot that i need so the camera is off center from the rest of my rig.

Leave a comment:

• mitchteller
    replied
    I returned the Zacuto and bought a varavon multi..much better.

Leave a comment:

• inthemind
    replied
    I got my Z-finder last week.
    It took some messing around with different configurations. I had to remove the diopter and the sun mask to make it work.
    But, it works pretty good now. The corners are barely cut off but I can see the whole screen if I just push my eye into the finder more.
    And I don't have to wear my contact lenses to use this.
    I'm really liking it. Plus it makes the little camera look cooler.

Leave a comment:

• chrisso
    replied
    I'm learning to live with mine.
    I have the +1 diopter installed.
    Scanning my eye around to frame the shot is a hassle, but far preferable to dealing with a washed out, nigh on impossible to view screen in Aussie daylight.
    Also, I tried to force myself to use the right eye set up, but found it both ergonomically uncomfortable and even more hard to concentrate on focus. I've switched the set up around so my left eye is the one being used, and am finding the Zacuto easier to manage.

Leave a comment:

• tclark513
    replied
    Diopters are only for focus. They won't help with my problem.
    Zacuto just got back to me and basically I'm SOL. I guess I will have to send it back and look for something else.

Leave a comment:

• tclark513
    replied
    Originally posted by gj91 View Post
    I think they show a 220% magnification, but you can also get 37mm diopters. I just got a set to see if the diopters help... Jury is still out. not many way to polish the turd.
    Diopters are only for focus. They won't help with my problem.

Leave a comment:

• gj91
    replied
    I think they show a 220% magnification, but you can also get 37mm diopters. I just got a set to see if the diopters help... Jury is still out. not many way to polish the turd.

Leave a comment:

• tclark513
    replied
    Do you know what the magnification on the Kinotehnik is?
    It looks like I might be in trouble. The Zacuto is 2x magnification and the Kinotehnik is 2.2x magnification which means it will be worse for me.
    Bummer!

Leave a comment:

• tclark513
    replied
    Originally posted by rungabic View Post
    Second on the Kinotehnik...works great for cutting out the sun, steadying the shot, and seeing the peaking. But just like any loupe, it certainly portrays the BMPCC screen in all of its glory (which is none). So it's very nice to use, yet it simultaneously makes you angry at BM for not putting on a decent screen, even if it meant breaking the original $995 price point. If you thought the screen was poor before, just wait until you put a loupe on it.
    Do you know what the magnification on the Kinotehnik is?

Leave a comment:

• rungabic
    replied
    Originally posted by gj91 View Post
    Kinotehnik works fine, that's what I have. It takes a pretty sharp hit to knock the magnets. I think the goal of these loupes is to keep the sun out, which it does well. i'm not sold on them cleaning up the sh#$T screen on the pocket. Just you can see the focus peeking a lot better.
    Second on the Kinotehnik...works great for cutting out the sun, steadying the shot, and seeing the peaking. But just like any loupe, it certainly portrays the BMPCC screen in all of its glory (which is none). So it's very nice to use, yet it simultaneously makes you angry at BM for not putting on a decent screen, even if it meant breaking the original $995 price point. If you thought the screen was poor before, just wait until you put a loupe on it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X