Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zacuto Z Finder BMPCC = DISAPPOINTMENT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tclark513 View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if you can order a different magnification?
    I think it mine came with a few diopters if that is what you are referring to? You might be able to try that.

Comment

Interesting. I wonder if you can order a different magnification?
      Unfortunately I don't think there are any other options with the BMPCC Zacuto Z-Finder. I believe the BMPCC Z-Finder is 2.5x. For their DSLR versions the sell 2.5x and 3 x versions. Sounds like you need a 2.25x or 2x.

Originally posted by ty_lowcountry View Post
      I think it mine came with a few diopters if that is what you are referring to? You might be able to try that.
      Those diopters are for focus.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian@202020 View Post
        Unfortunately I don't think there are any other options with the BMPCC Zacuto Z-Finder. I believe the BMPCC Z-Finder is 2.5x. For their DSLR versions the sell 2.5x and 3 x versions. Sounds like you need a 2.25x or 2x.

Those diopters are for focus.

I have a call into Zacuto waiting for a response.

Comment

I guess there is only one way to see if this works for me or not.
          Ordered one.

Comment

FWIW, the Kinotehnik LCDVF works really well on both of our BMPCCs - simple magnetic frame setup that's worked perfectly in lot's of run and gun stuff and is alway popping on and off the camera.

Comment

Originally posted by jimagine View Post
              FWIW, the Kinotehnik LCDVF works really well on both of our BMPCCs - simple magnetic frame setup that's worked perfectly in lot's of run and gun stuff and is alway popping on and off the camera.
              If I can't get this sorted out I might have to try the Kinotehnik.

Comment

Kinotehnik works fine, that's what I have. It takes a pretty sharp hit to knock the magnets. I think the goal of these loupes is to keep the sun out, which it does well. i'm not sold on them cleaning up the sh#$T screen on the pocket. Just you can see the focus peeking a lot better.

Comment

Originally posted by gj91 View Post
                  Kinotehnik works fine, that's what I have. It takes a pretty sharp hit to knock the magnets. I think the goal of these loupes is to keep the sun out, which it does well. i'm not sold on them cleaning up the sh#$T screen on the pocket. Just you can see the focus peeking a lot better.
                  Second on the Kinotehnik...works great for cutting out the sun, steadying the shot, and seeing the peaking. But just like any loupe, it certainly portrays the BMPCC screen in all of its glory (which is none). So it's very nice to use, yet it simultaneously makes you angry at BM for not putting on a decent screen, even if it meant breaking the original $995 price point. If you thought the screen was poor before, just wait until you put a loupe on it.

Comment

Originally posted by rungabic View Post
                    Second on the Kinotehnik...works great for cutting out the sun, steadying the shot, and seeing the peaking. But just like any loupe, it certainly portrays the BMPCC screen in all of its glory (which is none). So it's very nice to use, yet it simultaneously makes you angry at BM for not putting on a decent screen, even if it meant breaking the original $995 price point. If you thought the screen was poor before, just wait until you put a loupe on it.
                    Do you know what the magnification on the Kinotehnik is?

Comment

Do you know what the magnification on the Kinotehnik is?
                      It looks like I might be in trouble. The Zacuto is 2x magnification and the Kinotehnik is 2.2x magnification which means it will be worse for me.
                      Bummer!

Comment

I think they show a 220% magnification, but you can also get 37mm diopters. I just got a set to see if the diopters help... Jury is still out. not many way to polish the turd.

Comment

Originally posted by gj91 View Post
                          I think they show a 220% magnification, but you can also get 37mm diopters. I just got a set to see if the diopters help... Jury is still out. not many way to polish the turd.
                          Diopters are only for focus. They won't help with my problem.

Comment

Diopters are only for focus. They won't help with my problem.
                            Zacuto just got back to me and basically I'm SOL. I guess I will have to send it back and look for something else.

Comment

I'm learning to live with mine.
                              I have the +1 diopter installed.
                              Scanning my eye around to frame the shot is a hassle, but far preferable to dealing with a washed out, nigh on impossible to view screen in Aussie daylight.
                              Also, I tried to force myself to use the right eye set up, but found it both ergonomically uncomfortable and even more hard to concentrate on focus. I've switched the set up around so my left eye is the one being used, and am finding the Zacuto easier to manage.

Comment

I got my Z-finder last week.
                                It took some messing around with different configurations. I had to remove the diopter and the sun mask to make it work.
                                But, it works pretty good now. The corners are barely cut off but I can see the whole screen if I just push my eye into the finder more.
                                And I don't have to wear my contact lenses to use this.
                                I'm really liking it. Plus it makes the little camera look cooler.

Comment

Working...
                                X