Firmware 1.8 is here! 4K RAW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by f1lm3r View Post
    laugh, "we were promised." you guys are just hilarious.
    What so hilarious. It was stated on BMD forum when they initially planned to release it for last month. They even said it was used on paid gigs by their beta tester.

This was was April 10th, it says
    http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/vi...hp?f=2&t=21179

What is also in this release are also certain hooks that are required for audio level metering and histogram display. It won't be visible as yet but will allow us to quickly followup with an update to add these 2 tools we know you guys are asking for.

• Formatting of media

Yes, we want to do this. A large part of the work has been completed so I don't believe this will be a big effort to implement

It has been well over 2 months ago when devopement to add these features were being beta tested and concluding.
    Last edited by Taikonaut; 06-23-2014, 06:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Taikonaut View Post
      What so hilarious. It was stated on BMD forum when they initially planned to release it last month. They even said it was used on paid gigs by their beta tester.
      If I recall correctly the audio meters etc were for the NEXT release after this one. Either way, very very late.

Comment

I'm glad this is not the official firmware because we were promise internal SSD and SD format and audio meters. This firmware has none of those.
        That's not quite true.

From BMD themselves on the official forum:

Formatting of media
        Yes, we want to do this. A large part of the work has been completed so I don't believe this will be a big effort to implement. However, it is very unlikely that we will support deleting of clips directly in camera due to the risk of media fragmentation.

Audio meters:
        What is also in this release are also certain hooks that are required for audio level metering and histogram display. It won't be visible as yet but will allow us to quickly followup with an update to add these 2 tools we know you guys are asking for.

Link: http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/vi...hp?f=2&t=21179

Comment

It's hilarious because technology today is wasted on the shittiest generation ever. This thread just sounds like a bunch of bratty people who can't even fathom what they have in their hands. Wah, it doesn' have this...wah it doens't have that..we're entitled!..Hitchcock and Welles are rolling in their graves.

Comment

It's hilarious because technology today is wasted on the shittiest generation ever. This thread just sounds like a bunch of bratty people who can't even fathom what they have in their hands. Wah, it doesn' have this...wah it doens't have that..we're entitled!..Hitchcock and Welles are rolling in their graves.
            Couldn't have possibly imagined a camera this amazing for this price even 4 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by elevatevisuals View Post
              If I recall correctly the audio meters etc were for the NEXT release after this one. Either way, very very late.
              Yes very late but BMD missed the May 6th release date so this audio meter feature should have been developed and appear now. We should'nt be just getting what was suppose to appear on May 6th.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Hasso View Post
                Wait until the 2.0 update.
                Most of us know that the hyperdeck shuttle was unusable until 2.0
                That update was a hardware change I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by fahnon View Post
                  That's not quite true.

From BMD themselves on the official forum:

• Formatting of media
                  Yes, we want to do this. A large part of the work has been completed so I don't believe this will be a big effort to implement. However, it is very unlikely that we will support deleting of clips directly in camera due to the risk of media fragmentation.

Audio meters:

Link: http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/vi...hp?f=2&t=21179
                  All true, read my other post.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                    Couldn't have possibly imagined a camera this amazing for this price even 4 years ago.
                    True but my first digital camera I bought in 1998 I can delete clips and format the memory card in camera. I cannot imagine fast forward into the future to 2014 my BMD cameras costing many times more cannot do what is second nature on cameras that they gave way in cornflake packages.

Comment

Not being able to delete clips is a choice, not a missing feature. It comes down to media fragmentation and the need to write fast to without dropping frames. You would see the same complaints over on reduser.
                      Haavard Helle

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Roberts View Post
                        I've never seen the purple grid on the BMCC. It's a common issue on the BMPCC, which has been addressed in the new firmware.
                        I've seen it on the BMCC when filming in backlight (stage lights flaring the lens at a concert/gig). We also got the black spots issue at the same time, bad combo.

Comment

Yes very late but BMD missed the May 6th release date so this audio meter feature should have been developed and appear now. We should'nt be just getting what was suppose to appear on May 6th.
                          Sorry but this makes no sense. You are saying you would rather them hold off releasing this even longer so they can add in the features that were slated for the next updated. If you follow the logic that they have been working on getting the initial updates complete then you will see that they will not have any other updates ready yet and the only way to release them at the same time would be to delay this one.

Comment

Sorry to change the topic. Just to say, I installed this new firmware on a BMPCC, shot some raw, imported and edited in PPro CC2014 without any problems.

Comment

did RAW change on the BMPCC? I don't see why it wouldn't work in PPro CC

Comment

Or maybe we just need to know how many minutes we have left on a card? It's called a basic, professional feature. even Hitchcock could look at a reel of film and have an educated guess at how much film was left... We don't have even a rough guess, unless you are logging every second you shoot. It's frankly an embarrassment for BM. My card shows full after the first shot, even if I take a 1 second clip.

As I said, I'm out of the BM game... I have an Sony FS700 and Q7... I no longer need the headache of a garage built camera... No matter how cheap it was.
                                Style Creative - Web / App Design

Comment

Working...
                                X