Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's probably more range in that than I would get shooting raw on my 5D mkI

*jumps up and down* Gimme the camera already!

Comment

These files look nice. Great scenes to see this cameras abilities. Would love to see these in motion! I don't think they are soft at all. They are shot at 1/50th sec. Thanks for uploading these.
      Frame000062-Edit.jpgFrame000383-Edit.jpgFrame000241-Edit.jpg
      Last edited by dustylense; 08-27-2012, 09:06 AM.

Comment

My grade on the car scene. I'm pretty happy with the result.
        This camera looks amazing!
        Frame000062.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by nickjbedford View Post
          Lovely images Frank. Threw them into ACR and they were a joy to tinker with. It's proving itself to be just as nice to work with as DSLR raw. Thanks for posting them. Forgive my 2.35 crop

P.S. no auto
          Good grades. Anamorphic aspect ratios for film changed in 1970 from 2.35:1 to approximately 2:39:1. You could use 2.4:1 or 1920x800 pixel dimensions for a digital format. I'm hoping to edit in 2400x1000 and reframe prior to delivery.

Comment

Wow! I'm completely overwhelmed by the definition! Look at the shot with the car: the field on the right, far in the back where the house is... amazing! The detail in the grass, the trees, so sharp. What lens did you use Frank?
            By the way, thanks for taking time to shoot this stuff!
            Film Director
            enricoatwork.com

Comment

I have to say that I am seriously inmpressed with the ability to resolve so much detail in the clouds and all the detail is still there in the landscape. I was planning on shooting the majority of my work in ProRes but RAW is looking better and better. What lens was this shot with? Can you give details regarding f/stop, focal length and if you used any ND on this shot? Thanks a million.

Comment

Originally posted by rheex View Post
                Wow! I'm completely overwhelmed by the definition! Look at the shot with the car: the field on the right, far in the back where the house is... amazing! The detail in the grass, the trees, so sharp. What lens did you use Frank?
                !
                Samyang (rokinon) 35mm 1.4 @ f4
                Heliopan Vari ND Filter
                Heliopan UV/IR filter
                Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
                  Samyang (rokinon) 35mm 1.4 @ f4
                  Heliopan Vari ND Filter
                  Heliopan UV/IR filter
                  Frank, if you get a chance would you shoot something similar to the frames you shared but with all of your lens filtration removed? I'm really interested to see what the vari nd and ir cut filter are doing to the image and if it matters with the raw after appropriate adjustments.

I know you're busy but I think doing a comparison with the filtration on and off would be worthwhile.
                  www.motionplaces.com
                  andrewjulian

Comment

Thanks for the DNG's Frank.
                    Have no time to play right now but they are looking really good. Same for JB's DNG sequences.
                    Motion raw processors have a ways to go to catch up with the better stills processors though.

Comment

For some reason I can't download the files, is it me or is the source down? Maybe someone could reupload?
                      vfx-rants.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by funwithstuff View Post
                        No idea on the NDA front though. They might not be able to talk about the NDA itself.
                        First rule of NDA Club: don't talk about NDA Club.
                        Randy Walters
                        boundlessinformant.com

Comment

Are we going to get to see some footage? Just wondering if maybe you're not allowed to post it yet or something - I would have thought with all the people who have them there would have been some new footage by now. Not rushing you just curious

Comment

Originally posted by FrissionMedia View Post
                            Are we going to get to see some footage? Just wondering if maybe you're not allowed to post it yet or something - I would have thought with all the people who have them there would have been some new footage by now. Not rushing you just curious

Honestly we have already seen from John Brawley what can be achieved with a professional set up. I just wish someone would stick different lenses on it and wave the god damn thing around in their home and backyard and upload to Vimeo. At least we could get an idea of rolling shutter and how different lenses look.

I'm rushing and I am curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwangjuboy View Post
                              Honestly we have already seen from John Brawley what can be achieved with a professional set up. I just wish someone would stick different lenses on it and wave the god damn thing around in their home and backyard and upload to Vimeo. At least we could get an idea of rolling shutter and how different lenses look.

I'm rushing and I am curious.
                              In due time. My producer made calls today and found that the camera is near ready to ship. I also have a good friend that I do lots of motion capture for that has tasty connections that relayed the same info. I'm hoping I get my camera without preorder before number 10 on some preorder lists I hope anyway. This camera is very close to shipping. Once in the hands of owners, we are going to see the true attributes of this camera. J. Brawley's footage is top notch controlled images with nice glass. Lets see how the Eos glass looks on this camera. I can't wait to see my Leica jewels on it though.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X