Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ari View Post
    I agree.

What I really see here is a discussion about the theoretical benefits of a particular set of demands that have nothing to do with real world application.
    Taken to it's logical conclusion the BMC camera will have to output H264 as well because there are some users who have a workflow where they post straight to the web.
    Part of the job working as a cinematographer is making magic with what you have. The BMC speaks to that with its stripped down - deliver the essentials, design and I'm sure the mindset behind the camera is to deliver the best for the least. This is the same mindset working cinematographers employ.
    I've been telling anyone who would listen that all I want is a box with a chip that will output RAW. It looks like BMC is listening.

Aharon Rothschild
    possibleimpossible.com
    Exactly! This is a $3000 camera that shoots 12-bit raw with a handful of other nice features. I wouldn't mind if the camera was also able to do many of the things I've seen requested, but if it's going to take more time to develop and make the camera more expensive then forget about.

I seems clear that BMD has designed this first and foremost to be an affordable camera that shoots beautiful raw images. Or as you put it, "a box with a chip that will output RAW."
    www.motionplaces.com
    andrewjulian

Comment

• Just wanted to see how she would look in black&white.

leah_1-20-2-(0-00-00-01).jpg

Comment

• Arrighty fellows... I'm sure if there's a possibility of it, then they're lookin' at it and we'll know when it's ready.

Let's see if we can return this to the frame grab thread from here on. =X

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
        Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

Comment

• Last edited by manakiin; 04-27-2012, 03:03 AM.

Comment

• Notice this is direct into the sun, its amazing to see something that I know is not possible on my camera ! I like these 3 images nice job
            New Ursa Mini 4.6 owner

Comment

• As foreign a look as that last one is, I really really like it.

Comment

• looks a tad HDR'd
                Darren Levine

he shoots, he edits, he frequently rants
                http://mediahalo.com/p/dlevine

Comment

• Originally posted by manakiin View Post

Yikes...thanks for welcoming my EYES to BMCUser.com. What a joy to be here. What an exciting time. Cheers Peeps! Great work manakiin!

Comment

• Originally posted by imdjay View Post
                    looks a tad HDR'd
                    Well, yeah, maybe...

But I wanted to add variety and a few more pushed, stylised looks so people could get some ideas what could be made with good flat files (DNGs will be even better, ofcourse). I think RAW cameras are all about artistic possibilities of different/extreme looks and if all we did in this topic was natural grading then maybe some visitors would miss this point.

Anyway, here is a more colour corrected, natural version. I removed the warm tint, maybe I should have left it. See how you like this one:

Comment

• xD That's like the one I did last week:

Click for FULLL SIZZEEEE

Comment

• Manakin, you got skillz! Love the look of that shot inside. All 3 versions.
                        It's so exciting that such looks will be possible using NO lights. The creative doors will be blown wide open for people like me that have been constrained by a lowly 7 stops of DR and 8-bits.
                        Not to downplay the talent and skill it will take to capture those moments and grade them properly.

Comment

Working...
                        X