Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cinema DNG's now available for download !!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Ruben&Sheri View Post
    You can change the white balance and exposure /gamma it was shot at to ur own in the metadata area in resolve and it will give you a flatter start if you want and then you can start your grade from then on =)
    That's what I did! Still, not flat enough. Hmm.

    Comment


    • Are there any single DNG frames for download?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Mickael D View Post
        John,

        Are these DNG files are already colorcorrected? Doesn't look very flat to me.. Or is that some kind of high contrast mode?
        Originally posted by nickjbedford View Post
        The raw files are fairly flat when thrown into Adobe Camera Raw with all settings zeroed (and linear curves). Resolve's default look is quite contrasty and hot.
        Originally posted by Mickael D View Post
        That's what I did! Still, not flat enough. Hmm.
        Have a read of my post here:
        http://forum.blackmagicdesign.com/vi...tart=110#p1034
        As John has said, every app will display these raw files differently with their own 'default' look. So far, the only acceptable default display from an app for these files is Capture One (to me).
        Blackmagic Design
        My BMD LUTs.

        **Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

        Comment


        • I had the same problem, but I ended up under color window in resolve on the left hand side you have this camera icon, click it, and click tab says metadata, go down to clip and I changed the gamma from rec709 to 2.4 and on the right I changed the exposure and white balance to my likening, now I had a flat enough pic to start my grade =) And this is what I ended up with, it was flat enough now as aposed to when I first tried it felt like the colors where baked in, but I changed the metadata to pull these grades.. Hope it helps =) I may never see DSLR the same after this =)
          Originally posted by Mickael D View Post
          That's what I did! Still, not flat enough. Hmm.
          Last edited by Ruben&Sheri; 08-26-2012, 01:52 PM.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ruben&Sheri View Post
            I had the same problem, but I ended up under color window in resolve on the left hand side you have this camera icon, click it, and click tab says metadata, go down to clip and I changed the gamma from rec709 to 2.4 and on the right I changed the exposure and white balance to my likening, now I had a flat enough pic to start my grade =) And this is what I ended up with, it was flat enough now as aposed to when I first tried it felt like the colors where baked in, but I changed the metadata to pull these grades.. Hope it helps =) I may never see DSLR the same after this =)
            I was just expecting to see something like this, as was promised.. http://johnbrawley.wordpress.com/201...ntitled_1-2-2/

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Mickael D View Post
              I was just expecting to see something like this, as was promised.. http://johnbrawley.wordpress.com/201...ntitled_1-2-2/
              Was it promised ?

              There's no loss of DR to work with. Everyone expects LOG images for some reason, but if you think about stills RAW files, they all have a default *look* applied to them by Resolve. It's just what you're expecting.

              I'm sure it won't be long before they put a LUT in there to convert it to a LOG image, but again, Resolve (as do other appsd) are working with the full DR of the image. It's not like you're missing anything that can't be recovered without loss.

              jb

              Comment


              • Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
                Was it promised ?

                There's no loss of DR to work with. Everyone expects LOG images for some reason, but if you think about stills RAW files, they all have a default *look* applied to them by Resolve. It's just what you're expecting.

                I'm sure it won't be long before they put a LUT in there to convert it to a LOG image, but again, Resolve (as do other appsd) are working with the full DR of the image. It's not like you're missing anything that can't be recovered without loss.

                jb
                I think the reason some people are expecting LOG images are the 3 images of the girl that are posted on Black Magic's website.

                http://blackmagicdesign.com/products...ccinemacamera/

                http://blackmagicdesign.com/media/37...namicrange.jpg

                That middle image has the look of a typical log file.
                It makes no difference to me as long as the info is all there but I do think based on Black Magic's own marketing images people were expecting flat images to start off with.

                Comment


                • The footage keys and grades exceptionally well. Shooting RAW and following a RAW workflow though post isn't going to be for everyone, and it's great to have the choice between less time in post vs options in the grade.
                  This camera really levels the playing field in a significant way, I'm excited to see the Indie films that release in 2013 Shot2.jpg

                  Comment


                  • try to make it like is shoot in dark pool joint ...Frame000512.jpg

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ari View Post
                      The footage keys and grades exceptionally well. Shooting RAW and following a RAW workflow though post isn't going to be for everyone, and it's great to have the choice between less time in post vs options in the grade.
                      This camera really levels the playing field in a significant way, I'm excited to see the Indie films that release in 2013 [ATTACH=CONFIG]747[/ATTACH]
                      Beautiful!
                      Film Director
                      enricoatwork.com

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by ari View Post
                        The footage keys and grades exceptionally well. Shooting RAW and following a RAW workflow though post isn't going to be for everyone, and it's great to have the choice between less time in post vs options in the grade.
                        This camera really levels the playing field in a significant way, I'm excited to see the Indie films that release in 2013 [ATTACH=CONFIG]747[/ATTACH]
                        WOW - nice grade!

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X