X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4K Footages | Random and Early stuff

https://vimeo.com/90502709
    pw: T2870

Trying out a new old lens for the first time on a sketch.

Tokina 28-70/2.6-2.8
    Tiffen Digital Diffusion 1/4
    4K Camera @ 400ISO
    Hoya ND 8
    Hoya IR Cut

--

https://vimeo.com/87403647

4K download, 1.5GB ProResLT

---

4K YouTube (Vimeo has the 4K file to download... I don't like youtube... Vimeo Link: https://vimeo.com/86378280 )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9j1r...ature=youtu.be

I also have no idea why Youtube makes thumbnails ugly... sheesh... the actual shot looks nothing like that.

This has some of the shots in the other video, just at 4K instead.

--

Tamron 70-200 Di Marco + 4K. New old Lens, for-to-compare with the Just Lookin' video, which was the 70-200 MKII
    https://vimeo.com/86964327

----

https://vimeo.com/85007474

NOTE: This isn't production stuff--lights, dollies, scripts... if you want to see that head over to Captain Hook's two threads. He's had it in production more than I have right now and it shows more of what the camera's capable of.

DISCLAIMER: This is early test footage, still getting to know the camera back then. I've since become more accustomed to shooting with it and have found more in the camera than before. Will post new footage soon. Turn the music down, I already know I have a strange collection on my HDD. lol

This is pretty much to take a glance at the camera JUST shooting. I had gone out with it much earlier, this time with a more finished version.

If you were curious about global shutter, FOV, aesthetic, I think it shows.

Ignore the color for the most part, to me it feels a bit over saturated but it was a one pass. Things have changed since.

*HD Version is apparently encoding*

TECHNICAL:

B4K "Fourks"
    ISO 400 and 800
    ProRes 4K
    Canon 70-200/2.8 for most of it
    Zeiss Otus 55/1.4 @ 1.4 near the end
    Tokina 11-16/2.8
    Hoya ProND
    Hoya IR Cut

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
    Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

Wow that was quick! Looking good

Any chance of uploading to youtube in 4k?

Comment

It's damn hard to follow those skaters at venice, lol. Clean footage Kholi. GH4K who?
      instagram
      my work

Comment

Originally posted by BM4EVER View Post
        Wow that was quick! Looking good

Any chance of uploading to youtube in 4k?
        Will throw up some new"er" footage at 4K, along with some of this stuff. Need to get it dropped first.

Originally posted by misterkofa View Post
        It's damn hard to follow those skaters at venice, lol. Clean footage Kholi. GH4K who?

Especially at 200mm handheld, but the 70-200/2.8 II IS is a beast...

Comment

Great, looking forward to it. Thanks

Comment

I will admit the Global shutter on this using that long lens is pretty dope. Did you have on IS?
            Darren Scott
            Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

Originally posted by jambredz View Post
              I will admit the Global shutter on this using that long lens is pretty dope. Did you have on IS?
              I'm pretty sure he had to going handheld.
              instagram
              my work

Comment

Yup I know it has IS (I also have this lens ) but I was wondering if he was using it.
                Darren Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Kholi View Post
                  the 70-200/2.8 II IS is a beast...
                  I remember back in the day when Kholi outright disliked canon lenses. I hope in some small way i helped changed that.

Footage is great!
                  Blackmagic Design
                  My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Comment

I ask about IS because I always wonder how the people shooting handheld with cine lenses of that focal length do it without IS. I mean i guess thats why they have a focus puller so the cam OP can concentrate only on operating. I'm gonna be buying the cine version to this lens (some day lol) from Nan at GL Optics and Its going to be a BEAST....and that won't have IS. Even on a tripod its challenging to not get micro jitters without using the IS...well with the bmcc. I'm sure its much easier with the global shutter....damnit! I try it without IS just to practise for when i get a cinelens.
                    Darren Scott

Comment

Unquestionably more filmic than its Panasonic competitor. BMC always looks like a movie, and most DSLRs tend to look like compressed video.

The conditions were optimal for the sensor though, cloudy day. In hard sunlight that DR is going to be needed. I'm preferring more DR, not less, in a world of Alexas (14.3) and Dragons (16+?).

The global shutter also worries me that we're going to see a new plague of shaky cam handheld stuff, and I'm stocking up on barf bags before the prices rise. I still remember walking out of Blair Witch -- just to go to the bathroom, and realizing how my head hurt and my sense of balance was out of whack. I stood at the back of the theater for a few minutes, deciding if I wanted to endure more punishment.
                      Filmmaker - Author
                      https://jgiambrone.wordpress.com/

Youtube

Comment

Looks good. I'm glad you did this all hand held as it shows the power of GS. Especially with that 70-200. Looks like some film convert in the ending scenes?

Comment

The clarity of the footage, even in HD, was stunning. Colors look much more normal than the BMCC and Pocket (which I find much more pleasing.)

Were the aberrations when focusing on the hand the result of the 11-16 being too wide for the Pro NDs?

Comment

Skintones are pleasing and DR looks better than I thought it would be.
                            Really curious how raw looks, once it's available.
                            Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jambredz View Post
                              Yup I know it has IS (I also have this lens ) but I was wondering if he was using it.
                              Yeah man, IS. I mean, at one point I could do 135mm handheld on my shoulder but something happened... I can't do it anymore lol. I guess I need to exercise.

The 70-200/2.8 II has become something I can't shut up about, right up there with the Zeiss Otus 55mm 1.4. The former is the next buy for me, hands down. It doesn't even SEEM like a Canon lens... the quality is outright mind blowing.

Originally posted by CaptainHook View Post
                              I remember back in the day when Kholi outright disliked canon lenses. I hope in some small way i helped changed that.

Footage is great!
                              THe 35/2 IS and 70-200/2.8 II Definitely changed my mind a little. I also had never realized the impact of shooting out smaller sensors with glass designed for larger sensors. I'm now considering taking a look at the 17-55 IS

Originally posted by Joe Giambrone View Post
                              Unquestionably more filmic than its Panasonic competitor. BMC always looks like a movie, and most DSLRs tend to look like compressed video.

The conditions were optimal for the sensor though, cloudy day. In hard sunlight that DR is going to be needed. I'm preferring more DR, not less, in a world of Alexas (14.3) and Dragons (16+?).

The global shutter also worries me that we're going to see a new plague of shaky cam handheld stuff, and I'm stocking up on barf bags before the prices rise. I still remember walking out of Blair Witch -- just to go to the bathroom, and realizing how my head hurt and my sense of balance was out of whack. I stood at the back of the theater for a few minutes, deciding if I wanted to endure more punishment.
                              Hahaha shaky cam plugins... that is a scary thought.

Admittedly it was a good day to shoot. I actually had this amazing 200mm boat/sailing footage from the shore, and there were dolphins jumping out of the ocean... turns out I hit the record button at the wrong time, and was shooting the in between shots... lol walking around with the camera and people stopping me to ask questions.

THAT said... I've also gotten out with it in less than ideal conditions, hopefully I'll be able to find some of that footage. I agree with your assessment of footages.

Originally posted by dustylense View Post
                              Looks good. I'm glad you did this all hand held as it shows the power of GS. Especially with that 70-200. Looks like some film convert in the ending scenes?
                              Yeah, Film convert at the end and a crop. Believe it or not, this footage takes Film Convert grain (it was just grain, not FC color, that was my color under the grain) really well. It sort of surprised me when I tried it out.

Also thought it was a good time to test RS, everyone knows I can't keep a camera on sticks to save my life.

Originally posted by Joshua Cadmium View Post
                              The clarity of the footage, even in HD, was stunning. Colors look much more normal than the BMCC and Pocket (which I find much more pleasing.)

Were the aberrations when focusing on the hand the result of the 11-16 being too wide for the Pro NDs?
                              Abberations on that 11-16 (the girls hand) were definitely from being TOO wide on the 11-16... this was my first time considering moving up to 82mm filters because of that, or even a mattebox, but it's also a rare case.

I had two filters stacked, so yeah.

I just found some of the RAW footage from this day and another day, also some night clips, the 11-16's in that batch... going to throw a similar look on it and upload 4K to YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                              X