Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BMPCC RAW Video: Around the Friendship Hotel, Beijing in December (and BTS TV shoot)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMPCC RAW Video: Around the Friendship Hotel, Beijing in December (and BTS TV shoot)

Visit to a Department Store, behind the scenes of a television adventure series shoot, exploring the hotel.

Edited in Resolve Lite.

108030p. Lumix 12-35mm f2.8 lens.

Nice skin tones.
    I was doubtful about the reds until you showed the purses near the end - that looked good. Did you think the reds were true?
    Also surprised there was no moire. Did you have any and just edit it out?
    Doesn't look like you used any filtration - did you just adjust iris and/or ISO?
    How did you hold the camera? I can tell IS was on, but was still a little surprised at the amount of movement - more noticeable in the close-ups.

And that clearly communist-boring limo they were using in the movie. Do officials still drive those, or is this a period piece?

Thanks for any answers you care to give.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Wake View Post
      Nice skin tones.
      I was doubtful about the reds until you showed the purses near the end - that looked good. Did you think the reds were true?
      Also surprised there was no moire. Did you have any and just edit it out?
      Doesn't look like you used any filtration - did you just adjust iris and/or ISO?
      How did you hold the camera? I can tell IS was on, but was still a little surprised at the amount of movement - more noticeable in the close-ups.

And that clearly communist-boring limo they were using in the movie. Do officials still drive those, or is this a period piece?

Thanks for any answers you care to give.
      I think the reds are ok, but they are very sensitive to getting temperature correct.

I did not see any moire in any of the shots, used and not used. I will have more videos, from Shanghai and Hong Kong that have more moire opportunities (buildings) so we will see.

I used a .8 ND filter (Hoya) in all outdoor shots. I kept ISO at 800, and tried to shoot ETTR.

Yes, OIS was on and most shots are fine. But close ups seem to exaggerate jitter. I have seen this in all cameras with OIS. In most instances no video would have been possible with tripod or rigs.

This was a period piece (see also the garb worn by the main character - Mao shirt!). The Friendship Hotel was built by the Russians during the height of the cold war, and was the premiere hotel at the time (still is one). In today's China, rich people drive what rich people drive all over the world, and officials likely drive new Buicks.

Comment

Please post footage from the 35-100 too, if you have one (I think I remember a test).

Funny that the officials drive new Buicks. To me , Buick=Riviera. In todays China I imagine them being driven by the world's most successful wangstas (wannabe gangsters - like ex-KGB Putin).

buick_riviera_boattail_boattail_78AHchL3.sized.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Wake View Post
          Please post footage from the 35-100 too, if you have one (I think I remember a test).

Funny that the officials drive new Buicks. To me , Buick=Riviera. In todays China I imagine them being driven by the world's most successful wangstas (wannabe gangsters - like ex-KGB Putin).
          I just received the lens. So only the video testing the OIS:

Comment

Working...
          X