X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pharpsied
    replied
    Originally posted by randyman View Post
    Beautiful images, John - thanks for sharing. What a tease!

True fact - today on the way home, my old clunker of a car lost most of its transmission. I got home, but found out later I can't back out of the driveway, because reverse no longer exists.

I'll be taking the bus for a while - and renting if I have a shooting gig - because I'm not touching the funds for this camera. It will take me farther than another car will.

EDIT - oh, good grief. I just used AirPlay to beam it from my iPad to the 110-inch projection screen... even with the indignities Vimeo visits upon the image, it's so inspiring. This is genuinely something worth being patient for, because it's a breakthrough at the price.

Think of what I'm describing; at the size of a full wall, even with web compression, it looks convincingly cinematic. Gawd.
    randyman, people called me crazy and talked all kinds of crap about me but that is exactly why I paid the camera off! What if I break my leg or something, I'm not spending my camera money to fix it, no way! That's why God invented wheelchairs!

Leave a comment:

• JIKIJI
    replied
    this is the best silent film in years

Leave a comment:

• CineMac
    replied
    Was this with the latest (Aug 4th) version of the BMD John?

If so, why did you opt for 800ASA instead of 200ASA?

Did you discover any other BMD goodies while shooting?

Leave a comment:

• vegetableman
    replied
    oh my gosh, looks so good!
    I could stare at the shot at :40 for hours. Same goes for the shot at 3:07. Very impressive camera, and of course cinematography.

Leave a comment:

• Lorenzo Straight
    replied
    Wow, the DR on this baby is kicking some serious butt! The footage is very Alexa like in quality. I want to see some night footage.

Leave a comment:

• Brian@202020
    replied
    Thanks for the response John. According to these images I think the rolling shutter is barely and issue. Thanks for the footage John, it looks great.

Leave a comment:

• John Brawley
    replied
    Originally posted by Brian@202020 View Post
    FCPX can fix rolling shutter issues, did you fix the rolling shutter with FCPX John?
    No.

No rolling shutter correction was applied.
    Naked images....

jb

Leave a comment:

• mbeck
    replied
    Thanks JB! I can't wait to see ProRes and DNG footage! The Vimeo vids look quite promising!

Leave a comment:

• Roman
    replied
    Wow... this is so awesome. Cannot wait... crap.

Leave a comment:

• randyman
    replied
    Beautiful images, John - thanks for sharing. What a tease!

True fact - today on the way home, my old clunker of a car lost most of its transmission. I got home, but found out later I can't back out of the driveway, because reverse no longer exists.

I'll be taking the bus for a while - and renting if I have a shooting gig - because I'm not touching the funds for this camera. It will take me farther than another car will.

EDIT - oh, good grief. I just used AirPlay to beam it from my iPad to the 110-inch projection screen... even with the indignities Vimeo visits upon the image, it's so inspiring. This is genuinely something worth being patient for, because it's a breakthrough at the price.

Think of what I'm describing; at the size of a full wall, even with web compression, it looks convincingly cinematic. Gawd.
    Last edited by randyman; 08-06-2012, 05:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cgurtlinger
    replied
    The new stuff looks great! Every time I see new footage it feeels like more and more of a tease that makes me just want to get my hands on one of these cameras more and more and start shooting!!

Leave a comment:

• CineMac
    replied
    Thanks for the additional footage JB!

I read your post before watching the clip and it was super helpful. Thanks for all the details!

Man you can really see the sharpness difference between the CP2's and the Canon EF lenses!

You wouldn't happen to have some 'ol Nikkor AI's floating around you could try do you? :-)

Leave a comment:

• Abobakr
    replied
    it is so lovely

Leave a comment:

• PaulDelVecchio
    replied
    Great stuff. It just keeps getting better and better. I can't wait to get my hands on one. I love how the sun looks flaring into the camera on the steadicam shots. I love "imperfections" like that. Adds style.

Leave a comment:

• dskubal
    replied
    Great!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X