Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Angenieux 17.5-70mm with BMPCC

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Angenieux 17.5-70mm with BMPCC

    https://vimeo.com/80294710

    First test with Black Magic Pocket Cinema Camera.

    Shot using an Angenieux 17.5-70mm 2.2 PL

    Graded with FIlmconvert

    Denoised with NeatVideo

    Sharpened in post

  • #2
    Nice footage and nice lens for the Pocket!

    Hope you post some more.


    Sincerely,

    Useg Diaz-Granados
    http://www.oversightentertainment.se

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Useg Diaz-Granados View Post
      Nice footage and nice lens for the Pocket!

      Hope you post some more.


      Sincerely,

      Useg Diaz-Granados
      Thanks Useg

      Comment


      • #4
        Looks nice, but it would have been nice to have a downloadable file, or at least a HD version on Vimeo
        Haavard Helle

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by haavard View Post
          Looks nice, but it would have been nice to have a downloadable file, or at least a HD version on Vimeo
          It is HD on Vimeo?

          Made it downloadable for you. But the origonal file can't be downloaded as I don't have Vimeo plus.

          Sorry.

          Comment


          • #6
            Nice work, Amoore! Really like that look.
            http://kylemcconaghy.com | My Reel

            Comment


            • #7
              How much noise was there? Do you have any original frames?

              Comment


              • #8
                Great look Alec. Little on the dark side in the grade perhaps, maybe half a stop brighter? I found myself squinting to see what was in the frame properly, that's all.

                I love FilmConvert. Ended up buying it with their 25% off discount right now. Which stock did you use?

                Great work for a test.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Nice work. Did you add the vignetting effect in post or is that from the lens?
                  Also, what did you use for stabilization?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Great look Alec. Little on the dark side in the grade perhaps, maybe half a stop brighter? I found myself squinting to see what was in the frame properly, that's all.
                    Nick, as a total beginner I think that the level of darkness is a personal preference.

                    Here are some interesting links that sort of supports my viewpoint.

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eobw_x_ky2k

                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mas4zNdBhzo


                    Sincerely,

                    Useg Diaz-Granados
                    Last edited by Useg Diaz-Granados; 11-28-2013, 02:10 AM.
                    http://www.oversightentertainment.se

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Useg Diaz-Granados View Post
                      Nick, as a total beginner I think that the level of darkness is a personal preference.
                      Here are some interesting links that sort of supports my viewpoint.

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eobw_x_ky2k

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mas4zNdBhzo
                      What I'm rather sure Nick was talking about wasn't the contrast between light and dark (Which is what I got from your links) and the preference for darkness rather than light - But the fact that some shots just generally are dark. I think if he exposed more to the right he'd been able to salvage more detail in places such as the actor's face and hair etc.

                      That said though I think it's a gorgeous video.

                      Tobias N - Gaffer / Cinematographer

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thanks guys

                        Originally posted by Joewi View Post
                        Nice work. Did you add the vignetting effect in post or is that from the lens?
                        Also, what did you use for stabilization?
                        Any vignetting you see is from the lens and everything was shot on a monopod.

                        Originally posted by Logan Gee View Post
                        How much noise was there? Do you have any original frames?
                        There wasn't much noise, but I had to push the exposure in post which introduced quite a bit.


                        Originally posted by nickjbedford View Post
                        Great look Alec. Little on the dark side in the grade perhaps, maybe half a stop brighter? I found myself squinting to see what was in the frame properly, that's all.

                        I love FilmConvert. Ended up buying it with their 25% off discount right now. Which stock did you use?

                        Great work for a test.
                        Yes it is a little on the dark side. Especially inside the car. That's from me not being used to exposing with the BMPCC. Using just zebras is a little tough, would love some other exposure tools in camera. So I ended up underexposing more than I thought I was.
                        It was pushed as high as I was comfortable with in post. And I used one of the Fuji stocks

                        Originally posted by Tolin View Post
                        What I'm rather sure Nick was talking about wasn't the contrast between light and dark (Which is what I got from your links) and the preference for darkness rather than light - But the fact that some shots just generally are dark. I think if he exposed more to the right he'd been able to salvage more detail in places such as the actor's face and hair etc.

                        That said though I think it's a gorgeous video.
                        Correct, Image is underexposed.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          All this information is very insightful and useful to a novice like me.

                          Thank you for clearing things up.


                          Sincerely,

                          Useg Diaz-Granados
                          http://www.oversightentertainment.se

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X