Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AndrewDeme
    replied
    Geez, I can t believe it.....my goodness, just spotted some moire, there at 43 mins and 22 secs into the Olympics broadcast...just behind the girls head on the bed, to the right of screen.

Oh, and now it's gone, but luckily I have taped it so I can watch it back again and again and again.

Leave a comment:

• Kholi
    replied
    Originally posted by Macalincag View Post
    Not sure if serious....
    ...or just serious.

(I'm probably the only one that will get that meme)

Leave a comment:

• Macalincag
    replied
    Originally posted by Philip Lipetz View Post
    Hmm, were there color vases behind the chair?
    Serious.jpg

Leave a comment:

• Kholi
    replied
    Originally posted by Kingswell View Post
    I saw it last night (well early morning) and it was there. An idea is that it may be a power window activated by accident or my theory of a Vimeo bug. I'm watching it again on my netbook, but only in standard definition (can't play hd) and i'm having trouble seeing it again. I do agree it's reminded me of the gh1 blue shift bug when i saw it yesterday.
    I honestly think what you guys are looking at is a compression artifact, from the ProRes to whatever format John outputted then again to Vimeo's compression. But, I guess we'll know when cams are out.

Leave a comment:

• Philip Lipetz
    replied
    Originally posted by Macalincag View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]473[/ATTACH]
    Hmm, were there color vases behind the chair?

Leave a comment:

• Kingswell
    replied
    Originally posted by dvbrother View Post
    Right at about :39, the hue/lightness of the blue felt on the pool table and the green of the 14 Ball (on the right) shifts in one frame's time. Careful inspection also shows the shadow areas at the bottom of the frame also change tint at the same time. This is very similar to a blue shift problem the GH1 has. On the GH1, in the space of one frame, blues would shift their value, with no seeming cause. I don't think it was ever solved in the GH1, but the GH2 does not exhibit this problem.
    I saw it last night (well early morning) and it was there. An idea is that it may be a power window activated by accident or my theory of a Vimeo bug. I'm watching it again on my netbook, but only in standard definition (can't play hd) and i'm having trouble seeing it again. I do agree it's reminded me of the gh1 blue shift bug when i saw it yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Macalincag
    replied
    Originally posted by AndrewDeme View Post
    for the life of me I can't see any moire. Am I the only one ?
    Chair.jpg

another angle

Chair 2.jpg

when I saw it in the vid I just thought it was normal.
    Last edited by Macalincag; 07-27-2012, 12:55 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dvbrother
    replied
    Originally posted by DanKanes View Post
    I thought the pool table was blue... am I seeing it wrong?

or is it like a creeping noise in the blue? I don't really see it - looks pretty darn good to me.
    Right at about :39, the hue/lightness of the blue felt on the pool table and the green of the 14 Ball (on the right) shifts in one frame's time. Careful inspection also shows the shadow areas at the bottom of the frame also change tint at the same time. This is very similar to a blue shift problem the GH1 has. On the GH1, in the space of one frame, blues would shift their value, with no seeming cause. I don't think it was ever solved in the GH1, but the GH2 does not exhibit this problem.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDeme
    replied
    Moiré is around the 22 second mark on the computer chair in the back.

Very eclectic looking set - looks sort of like a school - whatever it is, it looks like a cool place to hang out.
    Goodness, those mesh chairs throw up patterns when I look at them with my very own eyes in the office.....when I saw it in the vid I just thought it was normal. If that's all people are on about I really don't want an AA filter.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDeme
    replied

More concerned about the blip on the white area on the left in the beginning of the shot - could be an encoder error in the h.264? its on the whitish striped object as the clock rolls from one second to two.
    Given camera movement I think what we see is just a light reflection which hits us as the camera slides across.

Leave a comment:

• vladnik
    replied
    i cant imagine that someone will looking at the chair, searching for moire....vlcsnap-2012-07-27-21h28m38s187.jpg

Leave a comment:

• DanKanes
    replied
    This footage makes me say one thing:

MOARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

hahahaha

Leave a comment:

• DanKanes
    replied
    Have watched this clip numerous times on my iPad, 23" Asus Monitor and my 65" Plasma TV and still for the life of me I can't see any moire. Am I the only one ?
    Moiré is around the 22 second mark on the computer chair in the back.

Very eclectic looking set - looks sort of like a school - whatever it is, it looks like a cool place to hang out.

Leave a comment:

• DanKanes
    replied
    Originally posted by dvbrother View Post
    Are there any former GH1 owners who remember that camera's blue shift problem? I'm less worried about the aliasing on the chair than I am the blue shift on the pool table shot at :39. I sincerely hope that it's not an in-camera problem, but it looks very similar to what us GH1 owners had to deal with. I hope John Brawley will confirm whether this is in the original footage or not.
    I thought the pool table was blue... am I seeing it wrong?

or is it like a creeping noise in the blue? I don't really see it - looks pretty darn good to me.

More concerned about the blip on the white area on the left in the beginning of the shot - could be an encoder error in the h.264? its on the whitish striped object as the clock rolls from one second to two.

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDeme
    replied
    Have watched this clip numerous times on my iPad, 23" Asus Monitor and my 65" Plasma TV and still for the life of me I can't see any moire. Am I the only one ?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X