Pool Shark. New footage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clairstyler View Post
    hi john, It looks great but the motion come of as a bit interlaced or smooth-motion, when I watched it on my screen. I am wondering what framerate or shutter was used for this shot?
    Shot at 25fps 180deg. Make sure your machine can playback without stuttering.

Comment

Huge blessing not to have it built in. Maybe Mosaic Engineering will build an after market one like the ones they did for the 5D and 7D so that if you have a shot that demands it you can choose to put it in.

Comment

Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
        Just got the word. Camera won't be shipping with an AA filter. There's good and bad for this. My opinion sits on the side of this being a good thing. It means more resolution and if you're concerned about those issues you can usually add light diffusion (pro mist or classic softs) to address it.

I'm sure there will be a lot of debate. I prefer to not have it and add diffusion.

JB.
        Sweet. I'd rather have the option to add a diffusion, then be forced to work with it. Kinda falls in line with BM's philosophy of a truly "raw" camera

Comment

Just got the word. Camera won't be shipping with an AA filter. There's good and bad for this. My opinion sits on the side of this being a good thing. It means more resolution and if you're concerned about those issues you can usually add light diffusion (pro mist or classic softs) to address it.

I'm sure there will be a lot of debate. I prefer to not have it and add diffusion.

JB.
          For me, this is good news, thanks for the update John, this camera is constantly improving, awesome.
          Has BMD whispered a shipping date to you?
          C300 review | http://carousel.hu/c300/

Comment

Looks fantastic. The noise looks very natural and helps the image. The dynamic range is obviously well ahead of everything priced lower than a scarlet.

Comment

JB.
              Another great vid John.

If I have a vote, can I please have my camera shipped without the filter as I am happy to add diffusion as and when I need it, if ever.

Also I get the impression that the strengths of this camera are for Extreme Close Ups and Close Up shots......might just be the perfect 'portrait' cinema camera.
              Lotsa Zeon thingos with thousands of cute cores...enough is never enough

www.andrewdeme.com
              http://www.youtube.com/andrewdeme
              www.facebook.com/andrewdeme
              http://www.linkedin.com/in/andrewdeme

(I reserve the right to edit, modify or delete any content I create anywhere at anytime...it probably wasn't that good anyway)

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Nicholson View Post
                Looks fantastic. The noise looks very natural and helps the image. The dynamic range is obviously well ahead of everything priced lower than a scarlet.
                IMO, it looks much more pleasing than the Scarlet. I'm so glad I've pre-ordered one of these babies!

Comment

OMG! Unreal pictures!

Thanks a million for sharing JB! DR is stunning!

Comment

wow.. it looks so wow!! images and the color are very very beautiful.. such a beauty camera

I vote for no AA filter

Comment

We waited 3 months for this footage? Would like to see some other colorgrading. It always looks very much green-like with the John Brawley footage.

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Blaney Davidson View Post
                        We waited 3 months for this footage? Would like to see some other colorgrading. It always looks very much green-like with the John Brawley footage.
                        ?!
                        green-like? you mean the green ball right?
                        There's no green tint in this footage except the fluorescent in the background. Please watch it on a calibrated monitor, or run it through a vectorscope to make sure if you don't believe me.

John already explained why we had to wait for this footage (newer and newer firmware, with better and better picture), so it's a rude thing to say what you said. Also John is a DP, he is not Blackmagic itself... He does these tests for himself, and us(!) too.
                        C300 review | http://carousel.hu/c300/

Comment

Originally posted by Tim Blaney Davidson View Post
                          He did not color grade, just contrast. Remember that at much as possible the adjustments that would ordinarily be done in camera are now done in Resolve or a NLE. It takes a new mindset to shoot or to evaluate footage.

Comment

I'm so happy with this footage Is just what I wanted. That wide shoot is just sooo filmic IMO. Have you seen some strange artifact in the white chair of the white shoot? Probably is vimeo compression but I wanna heard some opinions of this.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabián Matas View Post
                              Have you seen some strange artifact in the white chair of the white shoot? Probably is vimeo compression but I wanna heard some opinions of this.
                              Please reference the time (0:20, etc) and area (left upper corner, etc) so that we can look for what you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by RyGuy View Post
                                Please reference the time (0:20, etc) and area (left upper corner, etc) so that we can look for what you are talking about.
                                Sorry is from 0:00 until the cut around 0:08 down part of the frame from right corner to left corner is a white chair, I see some strange artifact probably vimeo compression but wanna heard your opinions.

Comment

Working...
                                X