Pool Shark. New footage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mbeck View Post
    Awesome stuff! The Vimeo compression makes it really tough to judge noise though :/
    That's what the prior JB post is for It's really quite acceptable (to my aesthetics).

Comment

Originally posted by nickjbedford View Post
      Not entirely sure what this statement has to do with a sequence shot in daylight...

Given that it's native ISO is 800, if you throw some < f/2.0 glass on it, I think you'd be pleasantly surprised.
      this is exactly what i mean...shot on daylight, 800 ISO...but there's some noise on the video

Comment

Holy crap... this looks very Alexa-ish. I was afraid that in an indoor lighting situation it would appear more like RED footage, which I wanted to get away from... but this is just what I wanted. I am freakin pumped, this is all I needed. If only I could only jump a few places from 10 to 2nd or 3rd place on the pre-order list @ my store.
        Test footage Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/romanalaivi

Comment

Originally posted by Slim Belhiba View Post
          this is exactly what i mean...shot on daylight, 800 ISO...but there's some noise on the video
          I'm willing to bet that there is no NR on this, which almost every camera that record non-raw does internally. Send it through neat video and should be crystal clear. I see noise like that on some raw alexa footage on vimeo. And I just played with some Red One MX raw footage that HORRENDOUS pre-NR compared to this.

Not scared one bit. I think that this camera takes effort. Many won't be used to it. It will be my first camera like this, and I look forward to it. I think that's what JB meant when he said it's "honest," it doesn't hide stuff from you as a compromise; instead it gives you its heart, and hopes you don't break it

Comment

Maybe it's just the raw photographer in me, but the noise is very acceptable, especially at ISO 800. This camera doesn't perform noise reduction for you as it's a post production camera. DaVinci Resolve will be able to tame that.

Comment

Welcome to forum Slim,

I think John has said it's not going to be an excellent low light camera

Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
              It's not a refusal.

It's not limited.

It's just what it goes to.

I've said repeatedly, low light is not a strength of the camera. There's no "magic-ing" around it.

jb
              I hope i haven't taken that out of context (i'm knackered and need sleep as its already 5am in the U.K)

He has also said that the camera will show warts and all, that there is very little processing in the camera, and that you will need to do your own NR in post. I think this camera will require a lot more time in post production which i understand for a lot of people is going to be a deal breaker.

Comment

I agree, this certainly wasn't footage made to hide any faults, least of which, noise at its native iso. That's something I was really interested in seeing. I think it performed great at that iso, considering how everything was lit. Sweet Jesus, I hope we get to see more footage like this... but maybe without the overly distracting subject (perhaps the ONLY time I'd ever think this).
                Test footage Vimeo page: https://vimeo.com/romanalaivi

Comment

Originally posted by nickjbedford View Post
                  That's what the prior JB post is for It's really quite acceptable (to my aesthetics).
                  Well.. IMHO Noise is judged in motion, not stills. I am not saying that you can't tell anything about noise in stills, but you see how the noise acts from frame to frame in motion. I'm not that worried about it, but I would just like to see what it will be. And I am sure some Light NR should take care of just about anything we will find in normal lit footage from this camera.
                  -Michael Beck

Comment

Originally posted by mbeck View Post
                    Well.. IMHO Noise is judged in motion, not stills. I am not saying that you can't tell anything about noise in stills, but you see how the noise acts from frame to frame in motion. I'm not that worried about it, but I would just like to see what it will be. And I am sure some Light NR should take care of just about anything we will find in normal lit footage from this camera.
                    Very true. I think the dithering effect of motion will help it. I personally don't mind a hint of luma noise in motion. It's more obvious in photographs though.

Comment

This looks amazing!!!

Comment

I have a feeling it'll clean up very well once denoised properly. Either with Neat Video or using Resolve's NR alongside the HSL Qualifier for real precision. It won't be an issue for those who don't like it.

Comment

That is Prores and not RAW? Holy moly, can this get any better? I want mine nowwww!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RyGuy View Post
                            Anyone notice a color shift at 0:39? Looks like it could be a masking/CG oops?
                            I'll try to take a look. I'm on limited access to Internet right now. I do confess to attempting a few windows before I just left it as primary's. Might be something like that.

JB.

Comment

Originally posted by Macalincag View Post
                              jb, can you tell us if the moiré on the black computer chair near the window @ 00:21 is there on the ProRres files, or it's just Vimeo being Vimeo?
                              No that's on the source file.

The camera doesn't currently have an AA filter. They're still deciding if they should have one.

JB

Comment

Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
                                No that's on the source file.

The camera doesn't currently have an AA filter. They're still deciding if they should have one.

JB
                                As in a hardware filter?

If so, that does not sound good for shipping on target.
                                -Michael Beck

Comment

Working...
                                X