X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fabián Matas
    replied
    Originally posted by RyGuy View Post
    No worries Hmm, I'm not seeing anything. I'm looking at the chair that looks like it's either metal or painted wood, with an oval backrest. That the one?

P.S. Even though we are nitpicking this to death, for real life use this thing is KILLER. I can find a million times more issues with all of my 5d footage. (not aimed at you Fabian)
    No offense taken Is the white chair with some metal structure, I saw the stuff via HDMI in my led TV It looks outstanding there, true movie feeling.

Leave a comment:

• Macalincag
    replied
    Originally posted by Fabián Matas View Post
    from 0:00 until the cut around 0:08 down part of the frame from right corner to left corner is a white chair, I see some strange artifact probably vimeo compression but wanna heard your opinions.
    It's definitely a Vimeo compression. The macroblocking artifacts aren't there on the stills that were posted earlier.

http://johnbrawley.files.wordpress.c...asey_1-2-2.jpg

Leave a comment:

• AndrewDeme
    replied
    I finally got a chance to AirPlay this from my iPad to my 65" Plasma TV and it looks simply outstanding, especially given its H.264. Even when I put the $3000 down I never imagined it would produce this sort of quality image and am glad I gave the Canon 5D Mark III and the D800 a miss.

By the way, what does it matter what color grading has been done....could have as easily been given a Transformers look as Bleach Bypass old school look. What difference does it make given its basically a demo reel?

At the end of the day, when I sit in the normal position on the couch and watch this vid it is simply stunning for a $3000 camera.

Leave a comment:

• RyGuy
    replied
    Sorry is from 0:00 until the cut around 0:08 down part of the frame from right corner to left corner is a white chair, I see some strange artifact probably vimeo compression but wanna heard your opinions.
    No worries Hmm, I'm not seeing anything. I'm looking at the chair that looks like it's either metal or painted wood, with an oval backrest. That the one?

P.S. Even though we are nitpicking this to death, for real life use this thing is KILLER. I can find a million times more issues with all of my 5d footage. (not aimed at you Fabian)

Leave a comment:

• t.p.
    replied
    that looks outstanding , amazing quality and i didnt expect that from the prores file

i dont see problematic noise patterns chunks or blocks , no major aliasing problems , and the dynamic range and details in the shadows and in the highlights blow me away !! , the only problem i can really see is what everyone else is talking about those strange color shifts (moire?) in that chair in the background

other than that im soo happy i preordered this cam

Leave a comment:

• razz16mm
    replied
    I prefer an AA filter on a motion camera. You lose a lot more resolution trying to get rid of aliasing issues in post than you gain by not having a well matched AA filter to start with.
    If the filter is optimally matched, there is very little difference, if any, in true detail resolved. You just get a hard edged crunchy quality and false detail from the aliasing.
    I've looked at blown up comparison shots between the Nikon D800 and D800E, and there is really no difference in true detail. The filtered version is smooth. The unfiltered aliased. In shots where fine pattern details cause moire on the E version, the filtered version actually shows more resolution. I'd rather add sharpening in post than try to get rid of aliasing artifacts which are really annoying in motion.
    Seems to me that people don't really like a film like quality to digital footage if they prefer aliasing and total absence of noise to smoothness and texture.

Leave a comment:

• Roman
    replied
    I would love an AA filter you could just pop in and out, but maybe we have to wait for a third party solution for that. As I'm understanding it, an AA filter would have quite a dampening effect on resolution. Funny thing is that, no matter how many tiny little issues we all pick out, there's just no way you can't purchase the camera. It's strengths are simply too good for the price. Aside from an Alexa itself, this is simply as film-like as digital cameras get. Daaaaaam I need this camera in my hands yesterday.

Leave a comment:

• Fabián Matas
    replied
    Originally posted by RyGuy View Post
    Please reference the time (0:20, etc) and area (left upper corner, etc) so that we can look for what you are talking about.
    Sorry is from 0:00 until the cut around 0:08 down part of the frame from right corner to left corner is a white chair, I see some strange artifact probably vimeo compression but wanna heard your opinions.

Leave a comment:

• RyGuy
    replied
    Have you seen some strange artifact in the white chair of the white shoot? Probably is vimeo compression but I wanna heard some opinions of this.
    Please reference the time (0:20, etc) and area (left upper corner, etc) so that we can look for what you are talking about.

Leave a comment:

• Fabián Matas
    replied
    I'm so happy with this footage Is just what I wanted. That wide shoot is just sooo filmic IMO. Have you seen some strange artifact in the white chair of the white shoot? Probably is vimeo compression but I wanna heard some opinions of this.

Leave a comment:

• Philip Lipetz
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim Blaney Davidson View Post
    We waited 3 months for this footage? Would like to see some other colorgrading. It always looks very much green-like with the John Brawley footage.
    He did not color grade, just contrast. Remember that at much as possible the adjustments that would ordinarily be done in camera are now done in Resolve or a NLE. It takes a new mindset to shoot or to evaluate footage.

Leave a comment:

• laco
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim Blaney Davidson View Post
    We waited 3 months for this footage? Would like to see some other colorgrading. It always looks very much green-like with the John Brawley footage.
    ?!
    green-like? you mean the green ball right?
    There's no green tint in this footage except the fluorescent in the background. Please watch it on a calibrated monitor, or run it through a vectorscope to make sure if you don't believe me.

John already explained why we had to wait for this footage (newer and newer firmware, with better and better picture), so it's a rude thing to say what you said. Also John is a DP, he is not Blackmagic itself... He does these tests for himself, and us(!) too.

Leave a comment:

• Tim Blaney Davidson
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Abobakr
    replied
    wow.. it looks so wow!! images and the color are very very beautiful.. such a beauty camera

I vote for no AA filter

Leave a comment:

• ichichich
    replied
    OMG! Unreal pictures!

Thanks a million for sharing JB! DR is stunning!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X