This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivan View Post

Speaking of which, John, how accurate have you found skin tones to be on the BMC?

Cheers,

Ivan (apparently the first).
    Hello Ivan.

The colour science is something that the engineers are working on. Some things are still a bit whacky. White balance for example is till more "ballpark" than accurate....But I have faith. Those guys have moved so far in such a short amount of time.

jb

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce Allen View Post

But seriously, thanks for all of the time you're putting into this, answering questions and whatnot. I don't know if you volunteered to be unofficial Blackmagic spokesperson to the rabble but you're doing a wonderful job! Beers are definitely owed.

Thanks, man.

Bruce Allen
      www.boacinema.com
      Thanks Bruce....

I did't really, but it's nice to be welcomed. I'm allowed to talk about it and I hate seeing misinformation. I'd also hate to painted as "the BMCC" guy...I'm a Cinematographer first and I choose the best tools I can to tell the stores I'm telling in the best posisble way that I'm enabled to....

I do really like the camera for all it offers at the price, and I do know the BMD guys well so I'm pleased to see them kicking off what will be a long end game for them.

jb

Comment

Originally posted by Kholi View Post
        :backflip:

Yeah they don't work.

I don't blame BMD for not releasing more. But, I'm glad we get some trickles of information and some stills. That wide with the window was... crazy.
        I was out shooting some more today. High contrast and some tracking / panning shots of cars....should be able to get those through soon...

jb

Comment

Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
          Hello Ivan.

The colour science is something that the engineers are working on. Some things a re still a bit whacky. White balance for example is till more "ballpark" than accurate....But i have faith. Those guys have moved so far in such a short amount of time.

jb
          Cheers John,

I have no doubt they will get it up to speed. Its not changing my order any. A pity regarding the colour temp being burned in tho. That would really add some flexibility. I am assuming this is a limitation inherent in the cinemaDNG format rather than the camera.

So I guess that the raw controls are:
          ISO
          Curves
          RGB sliders
          Brightness/contrast

I have a rather big video clip I would love to have BMC as a b cam on, a pity I will have to wait till the end of July even August to get this bad boy pumping...

Say hi to bondi for me,

Ivan

Ps. Do you never sleep?

Comment

Thanks Bruce....

I did't really, but it's nice to be welcomed. I'm allowed to talk about it and I hate seeing misinformation. I'd also hate to painted as "the BMCC" guy...I'm a Cinematographer first and I choose the best tools I can to tell the stores I'm telling in the best posisble way that I'm enabled to....

I do really like the camera for all it offers at the price, and I do know the BMD guys well so I'm pleased to see them kicking off what will be a long end game for them.

jb
            Well at any rate if I run into you down here in Melbourne John, the beers are on me - your input and honesty about the camera have been a tremendous help.

Cheers,

Mark Kenfield

Comment

Originally posted by Grug View Post
              Well at any rate if I run into you down here in Melbourne John, the beers are on me - your input and honesty about the camera have been a tremendous help.

Cheers,

Mark Kenfield
              Sure...

I'm in Melbourne a lot. Grew up there, have shot a lot of episodic TV there and am grading a film there at Deluxe on the weekends, whilst I'm shooting Puberty Blues in Sydney ! Hoping to have a post NAB chat with BMD this weekend...

jb

Comment

I was out shooting some more today. High contrast and some tracking / panning shots of cars....should be able to get those through soon...

jb
                I'm very interested in those. If they look good without noticeable jelly distortion, I will order the camera.

Comment

I agree with everyone's sentiments John. Thanks so much for your time and honest thoughts on this camera. I look forward to hearing/reading/seeing more
                  www.mattrobertshq.wordpress.com

Comment

Can someone hightlight the stuck pixels as I can't see them....

Comment

Dof adapter... Hilarious!!

I just saw avengers today. Not much bokehtastic shots there. Lotsa deep shots.
                      Dustin Uy-Filmmaker

Comment

Wow. I downloaded these clips and watched them off a PS3. I projected it on a 15 foot screen with a Christie projector. The footage truly looked amazing. Even the dark footage looked good. Sure, there was some noise but it didn't look bad at all. I watched Like Crazy (shot on 7D) on the same screen a couple nights ago and the BMC footage destroyed it. Can't wait for this camera!

Comment

It's going to be an exciting day when that first .DNG file gets approved to upload and be dissected.
                          director reel

11 Blocks, debut feature on Netflix

Comment

Hey Matthew- check out this latest tweet:

jbtweet.jpg

Comment

Sure...

I'm in Melbourne a lot. Grew up there, have shot a lot of episodic TV there and am grading a film there at Deluxe on the weekends, whilst I'm shooting Puberty Blues in Sydney ! Hoping to have a post NAB chat with BMD this weekend...

jb
                              Hi John. I was wondering. How is highlight handling of the BMCC compared to the Alexa and Red Epic/Scarlet? Does it perform more like the Alexa or the new Red cameras in that regard (excluding HDR mode)? In the test I saw I much preferred the Alexa's highlight handling of the translucent tile glass behind the subject compared to Red's. The Super 16mm was the the best, obviously but Alexa's was the closet to matching it easily.

Also, will we see anymore footage before the release date? I'm very confused why we saw footage when it's in Beta stage at its announcement, but almost none since as the release date approaches. It's a bit unsettling.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by StarCoreFilms View Post
                                Does it perform more like the Alexa
                                http://bmcuser.com/showthread.php?36...ull=1#post6967

Originally posted by StarCoreFilms View Post
                                Also, will we see anymore footage before the release date?
                                http://bmcuser.com/showthread.php?36...ull=1#post6885

Comment

Working...
                                X