Various BMCC Test Footage from NZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptainHook View Post
    everything in the first two videos is shot at 180 degrees except for the last "lens testing video" as i didn't have my 1.5IRND filter when doing that video.
    Rather remarkable - there's almost no jitter. I've noticed this on other BMCC footage as well. This is definitely a virtue of the camera. I wonder how they did it.

Comment

Does anybody know what kind of ND he is using. I just googled Tiffen White water ND but i am not sure which ones he is actually using. The ones i am using now has a pretty nasty color shift so i am thinking about switching.
      My Youtube Channel
      https://www.youtube.com/jsfilmz

Comment

Lovely lovely stuff....

jb

Comment

In your "CANON LENS TEST VIDEO" you shot everything in raw? Some cases the aperture is all open, without ND !!!! Thats crazy!! Thanks for share that!!

Comment

This is great! Thanks for sharing!
            www.motionplaces.com
            andrewjulian

Comment

Looks wonderful! I loved the light in the room with translucent windows.

I'm assuming you cropped for the aspect ratio; no anamorphic, right?
              Randy Walters
              boundlessinformant.com

Comment

Some of you guys make me very very jealous.

Great stuff, Cap.

Definitely agree that the Raw and ProRes are different, but both are tops.

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
                Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

Comment

Also, I meant to tell you this in PMs the other day, but the 12 - 20 range on this camera's fantastic for people, then the 28 - 35. I could probably just have a 12 , 28, and 35 for most stuff, and carry around a good 50 or 85 for anything else and be fine.

Your 14/2.8 looks very good here.

SKYPE (best way to talk to me): Camera_Kholi | twitter
                  Avery and Pete: Superseeds Feature Film Trailer

Comment

Amazing footy, very well done Sir.
                    Blog: http://frankglencairn.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by jsfilmz View Post
                      Does anybody know what kind of ND he is using. I just googled Tiffen White water ND but i am not sure which ones he is actually using. The ones i am using now has a pretty nasty color shift so i am thinking about switching.
                      I have these two right now:
                      http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...nsity_1_2.html
                      http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._x_4_Full.html

The 1.5IRND i purchased from an Australian supplier since B&H website says there's a 6-8 week lead time. Tiffen is announcing new filters at NAB, i would wait if you could.

Originally posted by Evolution View Post
                      In your "CANON LENS TEST VIDEO" you shot everything in raw? Some cases the aperture is all open, without ND !!!! Thats crazy!! Thanks for share that!!
                      Yes, that video was all RAW. I did choose a spot i new would be in shade, and i changed the shutter angle to get exposure since i knew i wasn't shooting motion and wasn't worried about that.

Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
                      Lovely lovely stuff....
                      Thank you so much John! Really appreciate it!! Thanks again for all your help and advice on the forums.

Originally posted by Andrew View Post
                      This is great! Thanks for sharing!
                      Thanks Andrew! Your landscape work has definitely impressed and inspired a lot of people, me included!

Originally posted by randyman View Post
                      I'm assuming you cropped for the aspect ratio; no anamorphic, right?
                      Yes, cropped. I used my smallHD DP6 with guide lines for composing and used 'output blanking' in Resolve.

Originally posted by Kholi View Post
                      Great stuff, Cap.
                      Definitely agree that the Raw and ProRes are different, but both are tops.
                      Thanks Kholi!! Yeah i think i have pretty good idea when i would use each now for 'aesthetic' reasons. RAW i would probably always go to for maximum flexibility in post obviously (and record simultaneous to Prores on my shuttle).. as long as the budget/worflow for storage/capture was there.

Originally posted by Kholi View Post
                      Also, I meant to tell you this in PMs the other day, but the 12 - 20 range on this camera's fantastic for people, then the 28 - 35. I could probably just have a 12 , 28, and 35 for most stuff, and carry around a good 50 or 85 for anything else and be fine.
                      Yeah, i think a 14/24/35 would suit me a lot of the time too (we're pretty invested in canon land at this point because of our stills business) .. just need to get the 24. I might hold off and see what the two guys building lenses for the BMCC come up with and just hire/borrow if i need something in the mean time. I do love the 100 macro though.. and i really want to see what the 85/1.2 does on this camera! (come on firmware updates! :P ) I'm pretty impressed by the 70-200 for a zoom as well.

Originally posted by Frank Glencairn View Post
                      Amazing footy, very well done Sir.
                      Thank you Frank!! Means a lot coming from people posting such good work like you!
                      Blackmagic Design
                      My BMD LUTs.

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Comment

Working...
                      X