Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ProRes Cuda/Barracuda car promo (frame grabs)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ProRes Cuda/Barracuda car promo (frame grabs)

    Here's my first BMCC video:
    https://vimeo.com/59554240



    Frame grabs below.

    I shot this video yesterday using a loaner BMCC from DVeStore.com.

    These frames are "straight" from the camera. No color correction or sharpening applied to these JPEGS. The real car color & his jacket are actually more red than orange.

    Recorded using BMCC ProRes 422 HQ in "video" (Rec.709) mode.

    Key light is a 2K tungsten fresnel bashing through a white cotton bed sheet, and the hair light is a 250-w. fresnel thru diffusion. There's a 48" white bounce reflector located just off-screen on the talent's left (camera right).

    Lenses: Wide shot: Nikkor 35/2, CU: Nikkor 85/1.8, both @ f4, ISO 800, WB preset = 3200K.

    I recorded sound using my Sennheiser ME64 on an overhead boom, and SoundDevices MixPre mixer (line-level out). The BMCC audio settings were "line level", input level @ 85%, internal mic OFF. The result is super clean & full-sounding; close to noise free. Using these settings, when I record the MixPre's test tone, it plays at -18db in FCP7.

    More to follow ...

    bmcc grayscale chart.jpg

    bmcc cuda sam ws.jpg

    bmcc cuda sam cu.jpg
    Last edited by Peter J. DeCrescenzo; 02-13-2013, 12:57 AM.
    www.peterdv.com
    Blog: http://HereForTheWeather.wordpress.com

  • #2
    Sweet car! Looking forward to the video. Let me know what you think of the ProRes.
    www.motionplaces.com
    andrewjulian

    Comment


    • #3
      Looks nice Peter!

      Comment


      • #4
        What's the different between switching from line level to mic level exactly? I read the BMCC manual but I don't quite get what that means.
        vimeo.com/hearnstudios/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Hearnia View Post
          What's the different between switching from line level to mic level exactly? I read the BMCC manual but I don't quite get what that means.
          The simple answer is it is the difference in input voltage levels. Line level whether consumer or instrument is a higher input voltage level. An example would be the RCA audio inputs on a typical DVD palyer or stereo. Mic level inputs are for a much smaller voltage level that would come from a microphone. There are impedence and voltage specs for both line and mic levels.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Captain Crunch View Post
            The simple answer is it is the difference in input voltage levels. Line level whether consumer or instrument is a higher input voltage level. An example would be the RCA audio inputs on a typical DVD palyer or stereo. Mic level inputs are for a much smaller voltage level that would come from a microphone. There are impedence and voltage specs for both line and mic levels.
            Ah thanks. So when conceivably would we be recording in line level then?
            vimeo.com/hearnstudios/

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Hearnia View Post
              Ah thanks. So when conceivably would we be recording in line level then?
              If you had an external mixer/preamp/limiter, you could connect its line level outs to the BMCC.

              I'm a musician; when I record myself playing in the studio, I'll take the line outs from the board and go directly into the camera.
              Randy Walters
              boundlessinformant.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Here's the edited video:

                https://vimeo.com/59554240

                www.peterdv.com
                Blog: http://HereForTheWeather.wordpress.com

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Peter J. DeCrescenzo View Post
                  Here's the edited video:

                  https://vimeo.com/59554240

                  Great results, Peter!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Very nice Peter and gotta love a MOPAR.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thanks, Rick & Marc!

                      BMCC ProRes HQ "Video" mode is a joy, and I'm glad the camera's built-in audio capability appears to be quite useful.

                      I haven't had time to play much with BMCC RAW mode yet, but maybe tonight. Unfortunately tomorrow I have to return this loaner camera to DVeStore.com. It was awfully nice of them to allow me to use it for a few days!
                      www.peterdv.com
                      Blog: http://HereForTheWeather.wordpress.com

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X