6k Test footage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6k Test footage

Was messing around testing my new bmpcc6k while on vacation, and threw some of the footage together. Still figuring out my workflow.

https://vimeo.com/370788479

I take this was ungraded. What was your timeline resolution and what did you used for your render resolution and codec settings?

Comment

Originally posted by EYu View Post
      I take this was ungraded. What was your timeline resolution and what did you used for your render resolution and codec settings?
      I threw a base fuji lut on the footage, literally just dragged and dropped and let Resolve set the timeline settings. I exported h265 at UHD4k to just throw something up on vimeo and see how it looked. I was on a flight back from DC so it wasn't very thought out. I'm going to keep testing this week. And figure out what runs best. Any tips for a high res export for vimeo? or is youtube the best bet for anything above 4k?

Comment

I have been encountering issues exporting DNxHR 444 with custom 6140x3456 from the P6K at BRAW 3:1 timeline. The clip is choppy when played back on VLC or other player. It might be that H.265 is the best we can do for anything above 4K. I believe YT and Vimeo supports H.265 @ 4K and 8K but I wouldn't upscale a 6K to 8K as it will soften the image.

Comment

For Vimeo at UHD you can do H264 or H265 at 35000 kbps. I would recommend H265 since it’s better quality for the same file size but does require more processing power for playback.
          Darren Hartman
          Asyn Film | Banana Stand Media

Comment

Working...
          X