Clear All

• Photographer Portrait - Ursa Mini G2

A short portrait of the Photographer, Helene Cyr
    Shot with G2, Sigma 18-35, 50

https://vimeo.com/364367329

HeleneFrameGrabs.jpg
    www.wyattvisuals.com

Looks great and really interesting.

Love that she talks to camera, barreling the lens.

And she's a left eye dominant photographer. It always strikes me how handedness isn't considered with the way viewfinders work in a lot of cameras. (I'm right eye dominant but I know plenty that aren't)

JB

Comment

Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
      Looks great and really interesting.

Love that she talks to camera, barreling the lens.

And she's a left eye dominant photographer. It always strikes me how handedness isn't considered with the way viewfinders work in a lot of cameras. (I'm right eye dominant but I know plenty that aren't)

JB
      Thanks John. Appreciate the comments.

Re: Interview - I've been growing tired of traditional interviews, so this is something I have been trying lately. Some talent really seem to like it.

Interesting that you mention her being left eye dominant as she brought it up a few times and how she found cameras somewhat awkward and wish there were options.
      www.wyattvisuals.com

Comment

Originally posted by wyatt View Post
        Thanks John. Appreciate the comments.

Re: Interview - I've been growing tired of traditional interviews, so this is something I have been trying lately. Some talent really seem to like it.

Errol Morris has been doing something similar for a long time. He basically uses an autocue system with a video camera pointed at him.

https://www.fastcompany.com/1663105/...he-interrotron

Originally posted by wyatt View Post

Interesting that you mention her being left eye dominant as she brought it up a few times and how she found cameras somewhat awkward and wish there were options.
        Both Hook and Kris are left eye dominant so you'll notice the BMD EVF has a LOOOONG reach for the lefty's....

But yeah, I winced everytime she holds the camera up to take a photo...you can see what a struggle it is....

JB

Comment

Looks really good Wyatt. Great story telling. Loved the sound and score also.

For something like this what kind of crew are you working with. Just one man banding it? You and a sound person? Also for handheld (which is the whole thing) do you use an easyrig?
          Darren Scott
          Freelance Director/Director of Photography

https://vimeo.com/jambredzvisions/videos

Comment

did you easy rig this, handheld?

Comment

Originally posted by John Brawley View Post
              Errol Morris has been doing something similar for a long time. He basically uses an autocue system with a video camera pointed at him.

https://www.fastcompany.com/1663105/...he-interrotron

That's very interesting, thanks for sharing.

Both Hook and Kris are left eye dominant so you'll notice the BMD EVF has a LOOOONG reach for the lefty's....

But yeah, I winced everytime she holds the camera up to take a photo...you can see what a struggle it is....

JB
              Yeah, I was struggling too when trying to film her "available eye" as it was never in the place I expected.
              www.wyattvisuals.com

Comment

Originally posted by jambredz View Post
                Looks really good Wyatt. Great story telling. Loved the sound and score also.

For something like this what kind of crew are you working with. Just one man banding it? You and a sound person? Also for handheld (which is the whole thing) do you use an easyrig?
                Thanks Darren.

Yeah, complete one man band for this. But, we had 3 days so we time. And, yes handheld the entire time (only because I didn't want to travel with too much gear). I would have preferred to use my easyrig.
                www.wyattvisuals.com

Comment

Originally posted by Adam Langdon View Post
                  did you easy rig this, handheld?
                  handheld only because I wanted to travel light. easyrig would have been nice to have.
                  www.wyattvisuals.com

Comment

Working...
                  X