Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Killer Sofa || Horror Feature shot on BMPC4K || Available in US - Ask me anything!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killer Sofa || Horror Feature shot on BMPC4K || Available in US - Ask me anything!

I'm the cinematographer of a feature film called Killer Sofa.

I used the Black Magic Production Camera 4K. 80% of the film was shot at night. I've had this camera for a few years and it still delivers.

To watch the Killer Sofa Trailer (released by High Octane Pictures) just go here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46rmVBrD4Lg

Ask me anything! Here is the poster and some pics

Killer Sofa A4.jpg

00639.jpg

sofa 4.jpg

sofa 2.jpg

"Don't sit on the furniture." Love it. What my Aunt Bee used to tell me as a kid down in Rockaway. I like the stills.

Comment

Congrats on making a feature!

Comment

Umm, but, it's a chair, maybe a recliner. Was that title decided by the distributor? Had a similar issue with a low rent distributor that had a film that I shot. Not only did they change the title, but they made it look like Dawn of the Dead with their cheesy photoshopped posters, they comped an image of the main actor into a shopping mall surrounded by zombies, there was even a werewolf in the clip art montage. As a result some of the reviews complained that it wasn't a zombie movie. It wasn't a zombie movie!

Comment

Impressed how well the BMPC4K held up in the dark!

Love how the chair has a face LOL

Comment

This is great!

Comment

What was the budget for the project?

Comment

Originally posted by dop16mm View Post
                Umm, but, it's a chair, maybe a recliner. Was that title decided by the distributor? Had a similar issue with a low rent distributor that had a film that I shot. Not only did they change the title, but they made it look like Dawn of the Dead with their cheesy photoshopped posters, they comped an image of the main actor into a shopping mall surrounded by zombies, there was even a werewolf in the clip art montage. As a result some of the reviews complained that it wasn't a zombie movie. It wasn't a zombie movie!
                Yes, I was a bit concerned at first but then I realised it might have been a genius move. It just gives people something to talk about. In this day and age it's difficult to pierce through the noise... If you made a zombie movie I'm sure you know that very well. Of course some people just can't go beyond the fact that it's a recliner and not a sofa and give the film a bad review scoring without even bothering to watch the film... It's just how it is. But the distributor didn't touch the film. Your case seems a bit more extreme though... :| funny story, but not really.....

Comment

Originally posted by GeranSimpson View Post
                  Impressed how well the BMPC4K held up in the dark!

Yes, my camera shows a lot of FPN in the dark. The only way to get a clean image in the dark is really to use lights. I didn't go crazy with lights but I had enough to get the job done. All LED's. I used Aputure lights: 1x120t, 1xLS1 and 2xAmaran 620's. With a few lights you can really get a clean and cinematic image with this camera!

Love how the chair has a face LOL
                  Yes!!

Comment

Originally posted by stip View Post
                    Congrats on making a feature!
                    Thank you stip! It wan't easy I can tell you... I had a catastrophic hard drive failure and lost 4 months of editing.... That almost sank the whole thing. I learned my lesson though. Have a backup of everything :|

Comment

Originally posted by Thefilmaddict View Post
                      This is great!

No Budget available unfortunately. It would have been good to eat more than sushi and pizza. I would have also liked to also have napkins/serviettes with the title of the film on them - I saw a Marvel movie doing that and I thought it was a great detail!

Comment

Do you have a deal for distro?

Comment

Originally posted by GeranSimpson View Post
                          Do you have a deal for distro?
                          Yes. US/Canada with High Octane Pictures (our domestic sales agent), UK with Signature Entertainment and Taiwan... The film is still hitting the film markets via our foreign sales agent DEVILWORKS. Hopefully we'll get more territories at MipCom and AFM. We launched at the Cannes Film Market so it's still a recent release... It's getting tough for horrors these days... The market is a bit saturated for the genre at the moment.

Comment

Congrats!!
                            www.lightformfilm.com
                            https://vimeo.com/suwanchote

follow me on instagram @lightformfilm

Comment

Originally posted by Note Suwanchote View Post
                              Congrats!!
                              Thank you! There is still a long journey to go to get this in front of audiences... Here's the rig I used RIG BMD.jpg

and a couple more frame grabs

00500.jpg

00503.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X