Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jambredz
    replied
    Nope... no OLPF here. But yeh people need to know that the APO controls/reduces the CA much more than totally eliminate. Put a Xeen or Zeiss in the same scenario and it's gonna be crazy CA

Leave a comment:

• John Brawley
    replied
    Originally posted by jambredz View Post
    The close up is 300fps so it's very cropped in which accentuates the purple fringing more. The APO control/reduces chromatic abberation and in some cases totally eliminate it. In really contrasty situations its going to control/reduce more than totally eliminate. If you try alot of none APO lenses wide open in similar situations (I shot all of this wide open) the chromatic abberation will look alot worse.
    I saw this too. I' think this is maybe more to do with the crop and lack of OLPF. Sometimes you get a false colour fringe that LOOKS like a lens CA, but is actually from lack of OLPF.

Unless of course you tell me that your UMP does have a RAWLITE OLPF or similar ?

That's when I've seen it appear before anyway (and I've shot a lot of APO lenses)

Oh, and by the way, no lens ever has NO CA. It's just controlled more. Even Master Primes.

JB

Leave a comment:

• jambredz
    replied
    Originally posted by mikus View Post
    Nice work! Still..does it seem only to my eye that, there's some purple fringing on the close-ups? Aren't Apo's supposed to eliminate that? Great video nonetheless.
    The close up is 300fps so it's very cropped in which accentuates the purple fringing more. The APO control/reduces chromatic abberation and in some cases totally eliminate it. In really contrasty situations its going to control/reduce more than totally eliminate. If you try alot of none APO lenses wide open in similar situations (I shot all of this wide open) the chromatic abberation will look alot worse.

Leave a comment:

• mikus
    replied
    Nice work! Still..does it seem only to my eye that, there's some purple fringing on the close-ups? Aren't Apo's supposed to eliminate that? Great video nonetheless.

Leave a comment:

• jambredz
    replied
    Originally posted by Marshall Harrington View Post
    Darren - Killer footage again! Nice to wake up to, thanks.
    Thanks man

Leave a comment:

• Marshall Harrington
    replied
    Darren - Killer footage again! Nice to wake up to, thanks.

Leave a comment:

• jambredz
    replied
    Originally posted by Ed Mantle View Post
    Thanks Darren - appreciate you getting back. (Those Atlas tests are also lovely. It's always satisfying seeing good looking, naturally lit footage - gives me hope!).
    Thanks. Yes I would definitely shoot something on them. They def have their own look to them.

Leave a comment:

• Ed Mantle
    replied
    Thanks Darren - appreciate you getting back. (Those Atlas tests are also lovely. It's always satisfying seeing good looking, naturally lit footage - gives me hope!).

Leave a comment:

• jambredz
    replied
    Thanks peeps. Was a fun exercise.

Ed in regards to lighting yes you could put more fill (bounce) in there to eliminate the noise but that would be to a point because as you said the contrast is really nice to have. In my case I didn't use have any of that. In an "official" shoot I would. Its all about lighting ratio. In this case I could have chosen to clean this up however I just removed the chroma noise and left the Luma as I liked that noise/grain. Personally I stay away from "re lighting" in post with power windows. I try to get what I want lighting wise in camera.

Leave a comment:

• Ed Mantle
    replied
    Nice stuff Darren - thought I saw this on your insta the other day and now I know I wasn't hallucinating. The DIY haze is a brilliant idea.

Just a general question on lighting with natural light like this:

Say I wanted to get rid of the noise on the front of the bowl in the wides or the noise on the blue/black counter surface in the right of frame. Presumably I'd want to reflect or bounce something in there (maybe flagging it so it doesn't lift the entire area). But wouldn't that flatten the image? It's nice to have that contrast in there but how to expose that as well as the lighter areas using natural light? Would you just take advantage of the DR of the camera, over exposing the lighter sections and then use power windows or something to bring it down in Resolve?

Leave a comment:

• Note Suwanchote
    replied
    Nice work! Time to go shopping

Leave a comment:

• Adam E
    replied
    love it, craving a bowl of cereal with strawberries now

lenses look good!

Leave a comment:

• GeranSimpson
    replied
    Great!

Leave a comment:

• Herb
    replied
    Originally posted by jambredz View Post
    I just burnt some stuff on the stove to get some haze in there for the suns rays to show.
    A: Genius.

B: My new go to excuse when on those rare occasions I'm allowed to "cook" something.

Leave a comment:

• jambredz
    started a topic Good Morning (UMP G2)

Good Morning (UMP G2)

So I just got my G2 recently and this one one of the first vids I shot with it to test it out. All natural light. I just burnt some stuff on the stove to get some haze in there for the suns rays to show. Shot on my SLR magic APO lenses. Shot wide open.

Braw 8:1 4k 150fps and 2k 300fps (both in windowed sensor)

https://vimeo.com/355484095

Last edited by jambredz; 08-22-2019, 10:31 PM.
Working...
X